[SOLVED] when i upgraded to a 16gb ram my computer crashed all the time but with 8gb it's stable

Kelzo

Prominent
Mar 1, 2019
First here's my specs
Mobo :Asrock x370m pro4
cpu :Ryzen 5 1600
gpu :Gtx 1060 6gb
ram :4x4 hyper x fury 2666mhz(now im using only 2(4x2) because it's more stable)
psu :TT 500w
so i just recently bough another kit of 8gb hyper x fury 2666mhz so i can multitask but 1 day after i installed it my computer will always get a blue screen 5-10 min after turning it on.Each time it crash the error code changes idk wahat the exact cause is or how to fix this. maybe someone knows how?

i will happily provide any information i can, thanks.

Solution
Max supported (non-OC) RAM speed for Ryzen 1600 is 2666MHz, so that's what the OPs RAM would run at without any intervention.

My vote is still that there's a bad stick. That's not uncommon.
Kingston as well as other memory manufacturers won't guarantee that the use of multiple kits of memory will be compatible together. You are free to do your own compatibility testing with no guarantees.

Workarounds to get extra memory to work include:
lower memory clock speed
relax DRAM timings
increase DRAM voltage

Kelzo

Prominent
Mar 1, 2019
Kingston as well as other memory manufacturers won't guarantee that the use of multiple kits of memory will be compatible together. You are free to do your own compatibility testing with no guarantees.

Workarounds to get extra memory to work include:
lower memory clock speed
relax DRAM timings
increase DRAM voltage
ok so i want to lower my memory speed but how low should i go