[SOLVED] When I'm using 2 ram sticks I get a white led on DRam and CPU

Apr 3, 2021
So I just got a new motherboard and a new CPU and finished putting everything together but I'm having one problem
When using 2 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX memory sticks in slots 2 and 4 (also tried 1 and 3) with an MSI Z490 Edge Wifi when I'm booting a white led over DRAM and CPU flash they just go back and forth, doesn't go to bios or anything.
When I'm using only one of the sticks in the 2nd slot and the 2nd slot only it boots just fine and everything works as it should. That's also the same with using the other stick in the 2nd slot they both work.

My specs
Intel Core i9-10850K
EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (x2) 3000MHz DDR4
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD
MSI MPG Z490 Edge Wifi
gdwhYRB.png

Last edited:
Solution
Sounds to me like one of the motherboard slots isn't working correctly then.. If both RAM sticks seem to be working fine individually in slot 2 but not in slot 4, it seems that slot 4 isn't functioning properly. In a desperate attempt you could try reseating your CPU as well but from my perspective that is a slim to none chance that would make a difference..
You said it works fine with one stick of RAM. Have you tried both sticks in that configuration? Test both sticks one by one. Probably even better to test both sticks both slots 2 and 4 to be 100% sure that both RAM sticks and your motherboard RAM slots are working correctly.

Apr 3, 2021
You said it works fine with one stick of RAM. Have you tried both sticks in that configuration? Test both sticks one by one. Probably even better to test both sticks both slots 2 and 4 to be 100% sure that both RAM sticks and your motherboard RAM slots are working correctly.
I forgot to mention that I tried both sticks in slot 2 and they worked fine both times. Ill try what you said at the end right now thanks.

Apr 3, 2021
Update it didn't work sadly

Sounds to me like one of the motherboard slots isn't working correctly then.. If both RAM sticks seem to be working fine individually in slot 2 but not in slot 4, it seems that slot 4 isn't functioning properly. In a desperate attempt you could try reseating your CPU as well but from my perspective that is a slim to none chance that would make a difference..

Solution