[SOLVED] When installing old AMD graphics drivers, do I need to uninstall my current drivers?

Jul 7, 2019
I'm having this flickering issue that seems to be from either a defective GPU (ordered new in July 2019) or display driver issues. I've tried my setup with multiple monitors and multiple displayport cables and all of them have this flickering issue (never happens on CSGO, but does in league of legends and on desktop/youtube videos/other videos). I tried rolling my AMD driver back to 19.2.3 (either a March or February driver I believe) and there are still flickering issues. Should I have uninstalled my previous driver (19.7.2 I think) or would installing 19.2.3 automatically uninstall my previous driver? Should I roll it back even further to see if I can fix it?

Jul 7, 2019
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HpnRD2

Here are the parts that I bought. Ryzen 5 1600, RX 570 8 GB ARMOR MK2, B450M Pro4 Micro ATX Mobo

My GPU is anywhere between 35 and 45 degrees Celsius idle and never above 65 under load.

Should I boot in safe mode, download the DDU tool, and then immediately reinstall the drivers with no reboot between the uninstall and the installation?

TRENDING THREADS