When is Nights & Weekends when Travelling?

I live on the East Coast and am getting my daughter on an Americas Choice
family plan. She will be moving to the west coast and will keep the number
and stay on my plan. When will her Nights & Weekends begin - 9pm East Coast
Time, or 9pm the time zone she is in?

Tnx

"Slick Willy" <slick_willy_@EATSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I live on the East Coast and am getting my daughter on an Americas
> Choice family plan. She will be moving to the west coast and will
> keep the number and stay on my plan. When will her Nights & Weekends
> begin - 9pm East Coast Time, or 9pm the time zone she is in?
>
> Tnx

It starts at the local time (usually what's on the phone, not what the local
non phone clock shows, especially if you are near a time zone line and get a
cell tower on the other side of the line). IE Her N&W will start at 9 her
time (Pacific Time), but midnight your time (Eastern Time).

In case you are curious, I am from Baltimore MD/Have a Balt number, and am
currently in las Vegas (pacific time zone). I Have a local Balt number, and
my sister and friends can call a local number and reach me, but if they call
at 9 their time, it is only 6 my time, and I get charged for the call.

Most of the rest of my family is also on the east coast (old folks, they are
in FL). What we do, that seems to work out very well for us, is to call each
other on weekends (still free time, but easier to handle the time
difference).

Consider her getting a number local to where she will be. What I have found
in my being out here (I'm going to UNLV here), is that most of my friends
here are rather cheap, and there is no way they want to call me long
distance back in Baltimore when I am next door to them in Vegas. (same for a
simple thing like ordering my favorite food... pizza.. leave a local number,
what no local? We don't call LD, No order for you).

Consider doing what a bunch of my friends with verizon phones do, they have
that unlimited in network to other verizon phones option, as long as both
parties are on verizon phones and in-network, calls are free 24/7, no matter
what time zone they are in.

Just a caveat, the problem is not so much you and your daughter talking
(obviously you'll both have verizon and in-network will work), but her and
her other friends back east (that don't have verizon cell phones), and
anyone local out west.

From personal experience, having a number back east and rarely using the
phone, I don't carry it with me.

One other minor problem, the verizon stores back east have some different
phones and accessories than the stores out here. I got a phone at a store on
the east coast, but it's not sold/and no accessories for it, at the stores
out here. Make sure whatever you get is also available out here.

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 05:23:30 -0700, "Peter Pan"
<Marcs1102NOSPAM@Hotmail.com> in their infinite wisdom wrote:

>"Slick Willy" <slick_willy_@EATSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I live on the East Coast and am getting my daughter on an Americas
>> Choice family plan. She will be moving to the west coast and will
>> keep the number and stay on my plan. When will her Nights & Weekends
>> begin - 9pm East Coast Time, or 9pm the time zone she is in?
>>
>> Tnx
>
>It starts at the local time (usually what's on the phone, not what the local
>non phone clock shows, especially if you are near a time zone line and get a
>cell tower on the other side of the line). IE Her N&W will start at 9 her
>time (Pacific Time), but midnight your time (Eastern Time).
>
>In case you are curious, I am from Baltimore MD/Have a Balt number, and am
>currently in las Vegas (pacific time zone). I Have a local Balt number, and
>my sister and friends can call a local number and reach me, but if they call
>at 9 their time, it is only 6 my time, and I get charged for the call.
>
>Most of the rest of my family is also on the east coast (old folks, they are
>in FL). What we do, that seems to work out very well for us, is to call each
>other on weekends (still free time, but easier to handle the time
>difference).
>
>Consider her getting a number local to where she will be. What I have found
>in my being out here (I'm going to UNLV here), is that most of my friends
>here are rather cheap, and there is no way they want to call me long
>distance back in Baltimore when I am next door to them in Vegas. (same for a
>simple thing like ordering my favorite food... pizza.. leave a local number,
>what no local? We don't call LD, No order for you).
>
>Consider doing what a bunch of my friends with verizon phones do, they have
>that unlimited in network to other verizon phones option, as long as both
>parties are on verizon phones and in-network, calls are free 24/7, no matter
>what time zone they are in.
>
>Just a caveat, the problem is not so much you and your daughter talking
>(obviously you'll both have verizon and in-network will work), but her and
>her other friends back east (that don't have verizon cell phones), and
>anyone local out west.
>
>From personal experience, having a number back east and rarely using the
>phone, I don't carry it with me.
>
>One other minor problem, the verizon stores back east have some different
>phones and accessories than the stores out here. I got a phone at a store on
>the east coast, but it's not sold/and no accessories for it, at the stores
>out here. Make sure whatever you get is also available out here.

Good points and I have somthing to add. I live in Reno and have AC
Family East Coast phone numbers that I haven't changed yet. The reason
is that Verizon won't change the number for me unless I sign a new
contract in the NV-CA area. My contact expired a few months ago.
Apparently, the East Coast has a different billing system than here and
the stores here can't access my records and change my number. I have to
do it via CS phone which isn't the bad part. The bad part is that the
prices for AC are now higher than when I signed on 2+ years ago. I want
to keep my plan and my price, so I can't change the number. They're
holding me hostage. One other important thing -> you can't split the AC
Family plans phone numbers to different area codes. They have to be in
the same one, or at least that's what I was told by CS. Since my callers
mostly all have free LD, it isn't a problem with the East Coast area
code...yet. I'll back down eventually when they have a phone that I like
with a plan price that I like, too. On the AC Family plan, only one
phone gets a new every two. The other is rack price. I found that out,
too. Read the fine print at the bottom!!!