Question When is SIMS 5 going to release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no specific timeline or date set in stone yet. But most probably the game won't be coming out before 2024.

For reference, the Sims 3 and The Sims 4 were both released in the summer, with all four mainline games in the series so far being released around five years apart.

Since we’ve long since left the five-year mark behind, there’s no real way to guess which year we might see a Sims 5 release, so unless EA has one of the best-kept secrets in gaming under their belts, perhaps a late Summer 2024 release date at the earliest is the very best I could hope for.

Though, there is adequate time for
MAXIS to release Sims 5, maybe sometime in 2025. As the development of 'Project Rene' is in the early stage, I think the creators will slowly reveal interesting points about it.

The SIMS 5 is actually codenamed as "Project Rene" by the developers. While Project Rene has been officially unveiled, the release of the fifth core Sims game is still a while off, maybe as late as sometime in 2025.

sims-5-project-rene-1666115214.png

Last edited:
Reactions: george198011
Also, will SIMS 5 be somewhere around PlayStation 6? As sony officially confirmed around 2028 they will launch the next console so what do you think that SIMS 5 will be launched somewhere around that time?

Nope, I don't think so. The developers won't delay the game by that much time. Also the game is being coded for the current-gen consoles in mind. 'PS5 and XBOX Series X'.

And since there was a gap of seven years between the release of the PlayStation 4 (2013) and the PlayStation 5 (2020). Taking this into account, we won’t see the PlayStation 6 until late 2026 and/or early 2027, at the very least.
And based on this, I don't think the game will be pushed by this much time.

But the release date for SIMS 5 would be sooner though since the game will first come out on the PC platform. For consoles it's hard to guess right now. But the release date of PS6 is still uncertain.

There are currently numerous conflicting reports on the release date of PS6. It's all speculation at this time.

Reactions: george198011
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS