When is the ATI R600 Cards schedule?

dd26185

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2007
Hi All.

I am sorry - I know this must have been talked about numerous times, just one response with accurate info is enough.

I have been waiting for 3 months to build my new machine. Waited for ATI to release card, not necessarily to buy but to have a choice.

When will these things come out? I heard may but that is vague!

Thanks!

senor_bob

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
The latest rumors are May 14. As for accurate info on the release date, we'll have that when they actually appear or ATI makes an official announcement. Anything before that is rumor and speculation. Sorry but that's the best I can tell you.

Yeah, rumors are all over the place, anywhere from today to the end of May. The credible release date is mid May (as stated by Senor_Bob). But, the only thing we know for sure is that it isn't today. :lol:

Something interesting I noticed was that THG said "Nvidia isn’t sitting still as AMD is preparing to reclaim the performance crown for graphics cards later this month." in their article about the 8800Ultra.

8800Ultra Release

We know that they know the true performance of the 2900, but can't speak because of the NDA. Did they accidentally let something slip?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

dd26185

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2007
I think you are misreading it - lol.

They are prefacing the article saying that the Ultra will regain the performance crown. An article presenting the Ultra wouldn't say " we have a better one for less money coming out later this month".

Good eye though :wink:

Just a joke. :lol:
I am sure the guy writing the article was just careless or stating AMD's intentions, not the truth. But I thought I just had to point it out, I am getting pretty desperate for any news on the R600, so even this caught my eye.

trooper1947

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2007
Hi All.

I am sorry - I know this must have been talked about numerous times, just one response with accurate info is enough.

I have been waiting for 3 months to build my new machine. Waited for ATI to release card, not necessarily to buy but to have a choice.

When will these things come out? I heard may but that is vague!

Thanks!

ATI trashed the r600's .......... and the ddr4 video card was slow and junk ....... so guess for yourself .... they ain't got nuttin to sell !

senor_bob

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
ATI trashed the r600's .......... and the ddr4 video card was slow and junk ....... so guess for yourself .... they ain't got nuttin to sell !
You know this how? DailyTech already admitted they didn't actually have an XTX with DDR4. Now the thing may suck the way you want it to but it might be awesome -
WE DON'T KNOW YET - STILL WAITING FOR REAL BENCHMARKS!!!

TRENDING THREADS