When is Volta Coming?

suh_dude

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017
I am wondering when the Volta series are going to be coming in 2018 or if it is coming out this year. I am think about getting a 1050 2gb right now and then I heard a lot of things about Volta coming out soon. I was also wonder what the release price is going to be and I am wondering if it would be a good investment in getting a cheap decent gaming card and waiting until the Volta cards come out.

Solution
You should buy the 1050, or step it up to a GTX1060 3GB.

Even if Volta is released this Summer it won't be a low end GPU, it will be the flagship 80 series card ($550 MSRP usually). Followed a few weeks or months later by the 70 series ($350 MSRP). Then likely another round of 60 series cards. I would expect something like a GTX 2050 in early 2019, or right before the holidays if we are lucky.

100% guess work, but Nvidia tends to release in that type of cycle.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You should buy the 1050, or step it up to a GTX1060 3GB.

Even if Volta is released this Summer it won't be a low end GPU, it will be the flagship 80 series card ($550 MSRP usually). Followed a few weeks or months later by the 70 series ($350 MSRP). Then likely another round of 60 series cards. I would expect something like a GTX 2050 in early 2019, or right before the holidays if we are lucky.

100% guess work, but Nvidia tends to release in that type of cycle.

Solution