[SOLVED] When it comes to Graphics Cards clock speed, why is it so much lower to a Cpu's clock speed?

Apr 17, 2020
Why is it that Graphics Cards have so many more compute units than Cpus, but have lower clock speeds? I am trying to balance a system and am wondering how GPU clock speeds and cores relate to CPU clock speeds and cores.

Solution
They are two very different approaches to computations, GPU=Graphic Processing Units are very highly specialized things, whereas a CPU=Central Processing Unit is a do-it-all handyman.

Judging performance from frequencies alone is not a helpful basic understanding of PC components. I suggest watching a few Youtube videos about the basic components or reading a few articles about the basics.
I mean no offense by this, but you seem to want to learn and that is my best advice to you.

FoxVoxDK

Distinguished
They are two very different approaches to computations, GPU=Graphic Processing Units are very highly specialized things, whereas a CPU=Central Processing Unit is a do-it-all handyman.

Judging performance from frequencies alone is not a helpful basic understanding of PC components. I suggest watching a few Youtube videos about the basic components or reading a few articles about the basics.
I mean no offense by this, but you seem to want to learn and that is my best advice to you.

Reactions: EJ Morin
Solution
Apr 17, 2020

No offense taken. I do really want to learn and research and feedback is the only way that will happen. If anything, your feedback is extremely helpful.

Reactions: FoxVoxDK

TRENDING THREADS