[SOLVED] When my ram works at the normal speed the CPU usage jumps to 100%

MetalZeri

Commendable
Aug 1, 2020
So i got my new pc and i have notice that my ram speed is only 2133MHz even though the ram box says 3200MHz i have searched for my problem and know the sloution. the sloution was to change the xmp profile to xmp profile 1 from the bios. when i did it, the cpu usage went to 100%.

My pc build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VBWgGc

Solution
WHICH DIMM slots do you have the memory installed in?

They SHOULD be installed in the second and fourth slots, which are the the A2 and B2 slot with the A2 slot on this board being the one closest to the edge of the motherboard and the B2 slot being the second one over from the CPU.

If they are not installed in those slots, then move them to those slots and try again.

If they ARE in those slots, then check to verify that your motherboard has the MOST recent BIOS version installed. If it doesn't, then update.

IF it DOES have the most recent BIOS version installed, then I'd pull the CPU and check the motherboard for bent pins.

If no pins are bent then reassemble (You'll need to clean and re-apply paste after removing). Next I'd make...
WHICH DIMM slots do you have the memory installed in?

They SHOULD be installed in the second and fourth slots, which are the the A2 and B2 slot with the A2 slot on this board being the one closest to the edge of the motherboard and the B2 slot being the second one over from the CPU.

If they are not installed in those slots, then move them to those slots and try again.

If they ARE in those slots, then check to verify that your motherboard has the MOST recent BIOS version installed. If it doesn't, then update.

IF it DOES have the most recent BIOS version installed, then I'd pull the CPU and check the motherboard for bent pins.

If no pins are bent then reassemble (You'll need to clean and re-apply paste after removing). Next I'd make sure you have the latest chipset driver version as listed on your motherboard's product page installed. Do not rely on the native Windows drivers. Download and install ALL drivers for chipset, network adapters, audio and graphics card.

Did you build this system or was it a prebuilt? Did you install the OS or did it come preinstalled?

Solution