Question When new devices connect to router, router no longer receives internet.

johnm35353

Prominent
May 3, 2018
Basically what the title says. Whenever a new device connects to the router, all devices remain connected but have the "no internet" status. When this happens in the router configuration page, the Internet Connection: DHCP status turns to disconnected. I've had multiple routers in which the same thing happened so I believe it is the modem causing this. If anyone knows whats happening, is there a fix to this?

kanewolf

Titan
Basically what the title says. Whenever a new device connects to the router, all devices remain connected but have the "no internet" status. When this happens in the router configuration page, the Internet Connection: DHCP status turns to disconnected. I've had multiple routers in which the same thing happened so I believe it is the modem causing this. If anyone knows whats happening, is there a fix to this?
Your modem doesn't know when a new device connects to the router.

Is it ANY new device (phone, laptop, tablet, TV, etc) or just specific device(s) ? How many device total are connected?

johnm35353

Prominent
May 3, 2018
The router does not reboot. D-Link dir605-L All devices remain connected but have no internet. This is what the log says when it happens
Edit: wont let me post photo.
160f78d6e85e7df6c8a38d023debba98.png

cbe4270da3000b6852c327be8f6e1961.png

Also, the internet Settings Status will change to Disconnected

kanewolf

Titan
The router does not reboot. D-Link dir605-L All devices remain connected but have no internet. This is what the log says when it happens
Edit: wont let me post photo.
160f78d6e85e7df6c8a38d023debba98.png

cbe4270da3000b6852c327be8f6e1961.png

Also, the internet Settings Status will change to Disconnected
You log says that your ISP is slow or not responding to a DHCP request from your router. There is nothing to do other than contact your ISP.

johnm35353

Prominent
May 3, 2018
Well, I just don't understand why this happens when a new client tries connecting. When a new client tries to connect the DHCP gets disconnected which is when it tries to DHCP discover. Unplugging the modem and plugging it back in gets the internet right back up which is odd.