When playing any game my screen freezes for 2-5 seconds every 1-2 minutes.

May 5, 2018
In game sounds are frozen with the screen.

I have an HP laptop with i5-6500, Nvidia 940M, 8gb ram.

All my gpu drivers are up to date. I have my anitvirus turned off but I highly doubt that its that.

Help??

Solution
check your task manager for any background processes that don't look right. if your hardware check comes back with no new findings, its likely that the issue may be a background task eating up your computer resources. antivirus programs like to do this. as do any streaming game services like steam or origin where it can auto update.

the other possibility, if you aren't PAYING for antivirus, is that you have a virus, as they like to eat your system resources as they are spreading malicious code. while this doesn't seem probable if you have any antivirus program, its still a distinct possibility.

check the hardware. could be a failing component or improperly timed memory, etc. i would venture to guess its more software related though...
May 5, 2018

My computer uses about half of my ram when at idle, I use about 3/4 when in game. I dont have many applications open. Mainly discord, steam, uplay and the game itself.

ebosss03

Reputable
May 1, 2018
check your task manager for any background processes that don't look right. if your hardware check comes back with no new findings, its likely that the issue may be a background task eating up your computer resources. antivirus programs like to do this. as do any streaming game services like steam or origin where it can auto update.

the other possibility, if you aren't PAYING for antivirus, is that you have a virus, as they like to eat your system resources as they are spreading malicious code. while this doesn't seem probable if you have any antivirus program, its still a distinct possibility.

check the hardware. could be a failing component or improperly timed memory, etc. i would venture to guess its more software related though. could be a corrupted driver trying to work itself out, a partially installed driver, startup programs that no longer exist on the system, etc.

if your hardware comes back okay, run a virus scan, and maybe a registry cleaner of some kind.

Solution