Question When power on, Fans spin, no beep or display

BlueMicrobe

Commendable
Sep 20, 2020
Hi,

I recently ordered an Acer Altos T110 (F3) and all compatible periferals. My cpu is a Xeon E3 1240 V3, 32Gb of DDR3 Quad channel ECC PC3L all identical sticks, 500W bronze Cougar SL 500 PSU, (Has a Falcon quad raid controller and a Intel PRO 1000 PT DUAL PORT Ethernet card). No graphics card as of yet but I have tried it with a RADION HD 8490 and no result. When I turn on the PSU the board automatically turns on and displays a green light and a click from from something. The cpu and psu coolers also turn on but thats it. No display and when I ran it with only one ram stick, the cpu, one hard drive and nothing else (Bare minimum) the same thing. Ive got no idea what to do anymore and no websites seam to be helpful. Any ideas??

I agree with the hang the 9 and that particular brand is not very popular these days, with it just outright failing and harming some components.
Just for the heck of it, check the front panel wires leading back to the mobo.
It might be something as petty as the wires not giving the signal when the power button is pressed.

Last edited:

BlueMicrobe

Commendable
Sep 20, 2020
I agree with the hang the 9 and that particular brand is not very popular these days, with it just outright failing and harming some components.
Just for the heck of it, check the front panel wires leading back to the mobo.
It might be something as petty as the wires not giving the signal when the power button is pressed.

It turns itself on, also I spoke to an IT place in town and they said the series of procerr may be to late and the motherboard doesn’t know what to do with it (I need a bios update). I’ll try a different psu and otherwise try to find a Xeon E3 1220 V3 so boot then update the bios, THEN install my 1241 V3.

Thanks so much for the help I built this from scratch and thought I messed something up. Cheers

It turns itself on, also I spoke to an IT place in town and they said the series of procerr may be to late and the motherboard doesn’t know what to do with it (I need a bios update). I’ll try a different psu and otherwise try to find a Xeon E3 1220 V3 so boot then update the bios, THEN install my 1241 V3.

Thanks so much for the help I built this from scratch and thought I messed something up. Cheers

You did not really say you installed the CPU yourself, however if the CPU was not compatible you would not get a click sound, but rather it will start, fans may even turn on, but it either would give you error beeps or do nothing.

Did you buy a full computer or did you just buy a case and motherboard and put your parts in it? It's a good idea to list all the details about the system and what was done to it.

BlueMicrobe

Commendable
Sep 20, 2020
You did not really say you installed the CPU yourself, however if the CPU was not compatible you would not get a click sound, but rather it will start, fans may even turn on, but it either would give you error beeps or do nothing.

Did you buy a full computer or did you just buy a case and motherboard and put your parts in it? It's a good idea to list all the details about the system and what was done to it.
Built it from scratch