Question When raid configuration was built ensure to set sata mode to raid asus X-99A

Jan 15, 2021
Hello just a question I would like to ask here, does anyone know why after I updated my BIOS and installed a new AIO my gaming computer boots to this screen when raid configuration was built ensure to set sata mode to raid asus and says press f1 to run setup I get into bios fine save my settings by pressing f10 to restart and save the bios settings boots into windows fine and can play games no problems, But when I shut down my computer by using window shut down menu then turning off the power from the wal,l the bios setting don't save and tells me to set sata mode to raid when I turn the PC on again.

System specs and hardware below,

ID Cooling 240mm AIO cooler
I7 5820K
GTX 1080TI
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
650w corsair psu

I have also replaced CMOS battery.

Motherboard is a asus x-99a

Thanks all!

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

If I understand your post correctly and specifically "But when I shut down my computer by the mains on the plug " that could be the problem.

You need to shutdown by first using the Windows icon to shutdown the computer/Windows before physically turning off the power.

Windows needs to do some internal "housekeeping" etc. to get ready for the next power on. If you simply cut the power by turning it off via the wall switch then you are risking file corruption and other problems.

As for RAID that is another set of issues within itself. Just as a general observation it it very unlikely that you are gaining any benefits by having/using a RAID configuration.

That said I am moving your post over to the Storage category.

There may be additional questions and suggestions.