When should I buy a new video card with the crypto currency craze?

robbor

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017
I'm looking to buy a 1060, 560, or 460, but the prices are through the roof. Should I cough up the extra dough or wait a month? P.S. I live in the states

Solution

My guess is that the price won't come down on those cards by that time. I suspect quite a bit longer. I just sold my used RX-480 Stryx for twice what I paid for it. And sadly, I think I could have gotten more. You should probably start thinking GTX 1060. Midrange AMD cards are out of circulation... at this time. It's an Nvidia world for gamers.

robbor

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017
Sorry, I meant the 580/480, and I can wait 2-4 weeks. It depends on how much money I make. I'm a student and mow lawns to make money for hardware/games.

robbor

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017
Sorry, I meant the 580/480, and I can wait 2-4 weeks. It depends on how much money I make. I'm a student and mow lawns to make money for hardware/games.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

My guess is that the price won't come down on those cards by that time. I suspect quite a bit longer. I just sold my used RX-480 Stryx for twice what I paid for it. And sadly, I think I could have gotten more. You should probably start thinking GTX 1060. Midrange AMD cards are out of circulation... at this time. It's an Nvidia world for gamers.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS