Current system:

i74790K
GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
16g G-skill DDR3 1666mhz
Z97 Extreme 4 mobo
Corsair 550x PSU
USAGE: 90% Gaming
monitor: 27"144hz 1080p

I have been saving up some money up to 1700 euro so i can upgrade my PC but i've been thinking about the i9 9900k and a 2070 super but i'm not sure if that is the right way to upgrade right now. Is it better to wait half a year so i can buy an i10? When is it coming? Because i can wait a bit.

When is the right time for me to upgrade with this budget? All advise is welcome.

Thank you very much

Solution
I'm playing : Borderlands 3 ( performs great ) Star Citizen ( highly CPU based ) still works decent but FPS is server side there. I have Anno ( not the best FPS) , Division 2.. i'm not really struggling playing anything. I think i will just wait for 2020 to see what they have to offer. Have they mentioned a month?
I heard Q1 of 2020 but don't quote me on that. You still have a great computer and I don't think it's worth upgrading just yet with the games mentioned above.
Personally the time to upgrade is when your current system no longer performs the way you want it to, and you can't bear its performance after exhausting ways of improving it. To each it's a personal thing when that point is.

That you suggest waiting suggests to me the current performance isn't that bad. That said, what is it struggling with?

Reactions: justmark81

justmark81

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2013
Personally the time to upgrade is when your current system no longer performs the way you want it to, and you can't bear its performance after exhausting ways of improving it. To each it's a personal thing when that point is.

That you suggest waiting suggests to me the current performance isn't that bad. That said, what is it struggling with?

Well atm it's not struggling with anything really. I think this build is pretty solid for 1080p. My thing is that now selling the parts still gets some cash back to invest in my new build.

justmark81

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2013
I'd wait for Comet Lake in 2020. You still have a great processor. Did you try overclocking it? Is the 90% usage your cpu or gpu?
Also what games do you play and what FPS are you getting?

No i have never overclocked it. And the 90% usage is more on the GPU side atm. I'm getting around 70 FPS in most games on highest setting ( 1080p) but my new build will have a 1440p screen so i'm sure that will go back to 40 FPS.

Can you tell me something more about the Comet Lake?

No i have never overclocked it. And the 90% usage is more on the GPU side atm. I'm getting around 70 FPS in most games on highest setting ( 1080p) but my new build will have a 1440p screen so i'm sure that will go back to 40 FPS.

Can you tell me something more about the Comet Lake?
The only thing I can tell you about Comet Lake is that it will be Intels first response to legitimate 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen's competition in over a decade. What games do you play? High gpu load is a good thing. You're getting the most out of your gtx 1070.

justmark81

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2013
The only thing I can tell you about Comet Lake is that it will be Intels first response to legitimate 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen's competition in over a decade. What games do you play? High gpu load is a good thing. You're getting the most out of your gtx 1070.

I'm playing : Borderlands 3 ( performs great ) Star Citizen ( highly CPU based ) still works decent but FPS is server side there. I have Anno ( not the best FPS) , Division 2.. i'm not really struggling playing anything. I think i will just wait for 2020 to see what they have to offer. Have they mentioned a month?

I heard Q1 of 2020 but don't quote me on that. You still have a great computer and I don't think it's worth upgrading just yet with the games mentioned above.

Reactions: justmark81
Solution