When should one upgrade to windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Well, if you care about DX12 game performance only, first you need to wait for a game that supports directx12.
none of the previous directx versions have had any magical band-aid patch that would magically fix earlier versions performance or do any such magic.

As for the rest, I would assume that week or so would clear most of the awful bugs out. Rest of the waiting time depends on software support like if your antivirus and/or firewall/other things have support for windows 10.

Fineus_

Reputable
Jul 9, 2015
A lot of people are saying 'wait for the bugs to be ironed out' as there inevitably are some at any big software launch.

A lot of others are saying they've been testing the internal releases and the only bugs remaining are very minor and won't affect most users.

It's also worth noting a lot of games aren't necessarily making best use of DX12 yet as it also is brand new... and that's assuming your graphics card can also take advantage of DX12.

Well, if you care about DX12 game performance only, first you need to wait for a game that supports directx12.
none of the previous directx versions have had any magical band-aid patch that would magically fix earlier versions performance or do any such magic.

As for the rest, I would assume that week or so would clear most of the awful bugs out. Rest of the waiting time depends on software support like if your antivirus and/or firewall/other things have support for windows 10.

Solution

kittybooze

Reputable
May 29, 2015

So the rumor only applies to brand new games and developers who choose to add support I suppose? sad. Thanks anyway everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.