Question When the CPU is at full load, does the cooler run at full load too?

Dec 26, 2022
I am wondering this because when I render my videos, the stock CPU cooler makes an incredible noise.

If I buy an AIO of 360 millimeters, its fans will make that loud noise?

The 120mm fans on the AiO would have a deeper roar at full speed compared to the high pitched whine of most stock coolers, but a bigger cooler in theory will keep your CPU much cooler keeping your fans much quieter.

What CPU? Also, what motherboard do you have?

Might as well list your full system specs including power supply.

Reactions: AbrahamMalpica
Dec 26, 2022
The 120mm fans on the AiO would have a deeper roar at full speed compared to the high pitched whine of most stock coolers, but a bigger cooler in theory will keep your CPU much cooler keeping your fans much quieter.

What CPU? Also, what motherboard do you have?

Might as well list your full system specs including power supply.
I have the following system:

CPU: i5-10400f (with the stock cooler of an i3-10105 because mine’s broke).

Motherboard: PRIME B460M-A.

PSU: KCAS 500W (80 Plus Bronze).

I was planning to buy an AIO CPU Cooler of 360 millimeters next week, a good one, so it will hold up to an i5-13400f (when Intel finally launches them next year).

Thank you for replying to me!

I am wondering this because when I render my videos, the stock CPU cooler makes an incredible noise.

If I buy an AIO of 360 millimeters, its fans will make that loud noise?
Fan's speed is regulated by temperature, not load. since you have underrated cooler it''s normal to go full speed and make noises as it speeds up early.
Once you switch to much better cooler noise should go down considerably because temps will be lower.

Reactions: AbrahamMalpica