[SOLVED] When ticking the automatically detect proxy settings, my internet connects to south africa but I'm in SEA country and it slows my internet ?

Xavonium

Reputable
Jun 25, 2017
When I have Internet options > connections > LAN settings > automatically detect settings > ticked, and then I search my public ip and it tries to locate my ip, it connects to South Africa, but keep in mind that I'm in Indonesia. When I untick automatically detect settings, it works and my internet works correctly. How come my pc picked the wrong proxy server ?

My friend has the deafult option which is ticked. how can I solve this problem without disabling automatically detect settings? when I tick it and I go to whatever website, sometimes it says "no internet" and "there Is Something Wrong With Proxy Server Or Address Is Incorrect". I'm also using DNScrypt, but I don't know if that somehow connected to this problem, and yes, I disabled "use a proxy server for your LAN" in the internet options, still no luck.

Solution
WHY do you believe you need to select a proxy ?
ah yes, my bad. Let me give you a backstory and a solution I found.

Solution
uninstall DNScrypt on settings add or remove programs > download and run this program (this will uninstall any proxy services left ununinstalled if you get what I meant) > if it says uninstalled successful or something then it's uninstalled but if it says on services found or something then leave it be > search internet options > advanced > click restore advanced settings > click reset on the bottom > click reset > restart your computer.
If you still see some numbers and *.local on windows key > settings > proxy settings. solution and more info are found in my other post

Backstory
so back in...

kanewolf

Titan
When I have Internet options > connections > LAN settings > automatically detect settings > ticked, and then I search my public ip and it tries to locate my ip, it connects to South Africa, but keep in mind that I'm in Indonesia. When I untick automatically detect settings, it works and my internet works correctly. How come my pc picked the wrong proxy server ?

My friend has the deafult option which is ticked. how can I solve this problem without disabling automatically detect settings? when I tick it and I go to whatever website, sometimes it says "no internet" and "there Is Something Wrong With Proxy Server Or Address Is Incorrect". I'm also using DNScrypt, but I don't know if that somehow connected to this problem, and yes, I disabled "use a proxy server for your LAN" in the internet options, still no luck.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran

Xavonium

Reputable
Jun 25, 2017
ah yes, my bad. Let me give you a backstory and a solution I found.

Solution
uninstall DNScrypt on settings add or remove programs > download and run this program (this will uninstall any proxy services left ununinstalled if you get what I meant) > if it says uninstalled successful or something then it's uninstalled but if it says on services found or something then leave it be > search internet options > advanced > click restore advanced settings > click reset on the bottom > click reset > restart your computer.
If you still see some numbers and *.local on windows key > settings > proxy settings. solution and more info are found in my other post

Backstory
so back in the day I use simpleDNScrypt, as my ISP block 1.1.1.1, it works for some time but problems occur later on such as steam is not connecting properly, e.g random chance of steam not connecting(steam could not connect to the steam network, etc), download speed is really slow, between 400kb/s - 1MB/s (I have 5MB/s internet connection), ubisoft wont connect, etc. So I go ahead and uninstall DNScrypt, I go to settings and uninstalled it, it says done but when I check the directory of my DNScrypt file, there's still some files left over including SimpleDNScrypt.exe, uninstall.exe, and many subfolders that has DNSCrypt-proxy.exe, and what makes me suspect that DNScrypt isn't uninstalling completely is blocked sites in my country is still accessible. that should not happen if I uninstalled DNScrypt, I've check IPV4 and found no numbers on the DNS box. So it gotta be some left over proxies installed that's bypassing the DNS block, I check in internet options > connections > LAN settings, automatically detect settings is ticked, and solutions online told me to untick and it works for making my websites run significantly faster but steam and ubisoft wont connect still. I was getting frustrated and want everything to go back to deafult, which is ticking the automatically detect settings, but then again, it connects to south africa like I post above. ticking or unticking the proxies is still there, I check on everything services, startup, or something anything and there's nothing related to proxies. So I went ahead and create this post.

Thankyou very much for answering when no one is answering, have a goodday!

Solution