[SOLVED] When turning pc on the fans start up for a second then the system shuts down

Nov 1, 2020
My pc randomly shut down on me and didn't boot back up. At first I got no response turing it back on so I swapped out the PSU and now the fans turn on and then shut down half a second later. I then swapped out the motherboard and got the same response. Now I have swapped the cpu and an still getting the same thing. At this point I'm at a loss for what to do after swapping pretty much the whole pc.

Solution
My pc randomly shut down on me and didn't boot back up. At first I got no response turing it back on so I swapped out the PSU and now the fans turn on and then shut down half a second later. I then swapped out the motherboard and got the same response. Now I have swapped the cpu and an still getting the same thing. At this point I'm at a loss for what to do after swapping pretty much the whole pc.
I am only half joking here but this seems like a paranormal activity! Just kidding.

But since it sounds you have not still replaced the whole PC there might be an issue with some of the parts that you don't think might be serious, maybe a faulty USB, or a PCI. Try reducing your search are to find what is the problem. Also there...

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
I am only half joking here but this seems like a paranormal activity! Just kidding.

But since it sounds you have not still replaced the whole PC there might be an issue with some of the parts that you don't think might be serious, maybe a faulty USB, or a PCI. Try reducing your search are to find what is the problem. Also there might be something wrong with the electricity of this particular location. f you have a multimeter try and check the city's voltage, with extreme care of course. If not, or if you are reasonably afraid to touch city electricity out of good thinking, try moving the PC and your testing components to another location.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS