When using HDMI I get blurry text but really great sound and video performance

john-420

Honorable
Feb 20, 2017
Hi guys, when I use HDMI to display on my TV I get blurry text but really sharp picture and great sound. When using VGA I get great text, great picture and sound still, but HDMI gives better sound and video but blurry text. Anyone know what this might be? I've tried a few TV's, HDMI leads, the settings on AMD catalyst (I'm using a gigabyte f2a78m-hd2 motherboard and AMD A6 APU).

Solution
Actually if you are running windows 7 or 10 you can turn on clear type. This will guide you through choosing different levels of text sharpness etc etc that best suits your eyes. Think of it as like going to get new glasses and the doctor asks you does this look better or this one, number 1 or number 2 etc etc. I believe this will solve your issues.

mediademon1

Prominent
Mar 5, 2017
Actually if you are running windows 7 or 10 you can turn on clear type. This will guide you through choosing different levels of text sharpness etc etc that best suits your eyes. Think of it as like going to get new glasses and the doctor asks you does this look better or this one, number 1 or number 2 etc etc. I believe this will solve your issues.

Solution

john-420

Honorable
Feb 20, 2017
I have had pretty much no other choice but to use HDMI now. I was wondering what was making my computer lag and be so blummin slow even after full formatting the HDD with a winxp live cd then installing win7 from dvd in boot mode (seagate 1TB, I will get ssd in the near future) so I ran a benchmark test and found that my hard drive is actually performing above the average benchmark. My RAM is also above average, even the cpu is above average benchmark, but video not so good though. So I put HDMI in and got higher result. Now a much much faster computer with no lag! I don't really understand how this is the cause though lol. Maybe it's something to do with the APU and motherboard being designed to perform better on HDMI than vga or something. Text is much better now than before now that I've played around with the settings, I've not used the clear type either. Just messing with the resolutions and scaling, I'm happy with how it is now. I know benchmarks aren't really that accurate but I got a good idea of what was causing the lag by using it. I've been testing HD video samples from divx and 720p are playing brilliant on my old 'HD ready' tv from when they first started pretty much hitting the market lol. I need to upgrade my monitor now I think lol.