Question When waking my computer from sleep, the bios is opened.

Jun 12, 2019
I push the power button to turn it off, push it again to turn it back on, and it acts as if it wakes from sleep then, straight to the desktop.

I built my PC yesterday, Ryzen 2600 + RTX 2060.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
You have to configure what the power button does in your control panel:

Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\ - then click on Choose what the power buttons do.

Verify here that it is set to "shut down" not "sleep".

Also assuming this is what you mean, as your title seemed to be confused the thread itself. I am assuming you mean you press the power button, and it appears to only go to sleep.

Jun 12, 2019
You have to configure what the power button does in your control panel:

Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\ - then click on Choose what the power buttons do.

Verify here that it is set to "shut down" not "sleep".

Also assuming this is what you mean, as your title seemed to be confused the thread itself. I am assuming you mean you press the power button, and it appears to only go to sleep.

Apologies for any confusion. I put the PC to sleep by clicking the power icon in the start menu and selecting sleep. When waking it by pressing the space bar, it then opens the bios. I turn of off completely, holding the power button, and turn it back on, but that wakes it from a sleep mode even though it was seemingly off.