Question When will AMD or intel release the next budget cpu?

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
Im going to upgrade my pc but then i dont know should i buy a ryzen 5 3600 right now or should i just wait for the next budget cpu that these 2 companies are releasing.
The ryzen 5 3600 used cost only $120.
Should i just wait for intel or amd to launch the next budget cpu?
Will there be a cheap alder lake cpu that would cost around $100?
When is Amd going to release the next Budget cpu?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
no one knows. amd has released most of their current linup for this generation so what you see is what is out there. the intel stuff is coming soon but as usual they tend to release the high end stuff first then stagger out the rest over the following months.

there really is no reason to wait as what is out won't be much slower than anything new. the gains are minimal between generations. the 3600 is actually not a budget chip but was the mid range option last generation. but its still a great chip. get a b550 motherboard and you can drop a 5000 series chip on it down the road if you chose to.

but buy what you need, when you need it. otherwise you'll be sitting here always waiting for whatever is next. there is ALWAYS something "coming soon" ...

who knows, from what i was looking at, currently AMD is mixin good cores with bad cores for desktop.
budget what was before was with all cores being bad..since they switched to chiplets...they can utilize all cores for desktop or omobile mobile without selling cheap

In some sense it depends on what your definition of budget. You can still get perfectly good Ryzen 3100's in the $135 range (for instance) that are very useful so that could be considered 'budget'. But if looking for cheap high performance then you're going to be out of luck for a while. It's not just AMD or Intel to blame either...there's a very significant crunch on all semiconductor devices that's driving prices crazy, and customers to tears. Just follow the news some and you'll find that even automakers can't get the chips they need to go in the highly computerized cars of today. We all have a really, really bad problem that AMD, Intel and Nvidia each are saying will take a year more to sort out.

Both companies seem to introduce their budget CPUs about 6 months after the initial launch. However, AMD doesn't seem keen on releasing a non-OEM budget CPU any time soon.
Neither AMD or intel have released a budget CPU for desktop last gen.
Intel has no new 11th gen pentiums or even i3s, there are a few refreshed 10th gen CPUs and that's that.
I doubt that any new budged CPU will release during supply issues.

Neither AMD or intel have released a budget CPU for desktop last gen.
Intel has no new 11th gen pentiums or even i3s, there are a few refreshed 10th gen CPUs and that's that.
I doubt that any new budged CPU will release during supply issues.
AMD has Zen 3 Ryzens for OEMs only. As for refreshing Comet Lake for 11th gen i3s and Pentiums, sure, but my point still stands: a budget model usually comes out about 6 months after the initial launch.

As far as the supply issues go, that doesn't preclude the fact that 1. there are going to be defective chips they can salvage or 2. customer demand for lower end models is great enough that they're willing to neuter higher-end models (to a point).

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There's 2 reasons to release new equipment.

First is to remain in competition, whether that be trying to keep up with game devs demands or staying ahead of Intel or catching up to amd.

Second is money. As soon as profits start to dwindle, sales of new equipment drop off etc, bring out something new to upgrade to. Can only sell so many 11th gen, older systems are upgraded, new ppl own them, so sales plummet. Bring out 12th gen, and the gotta have its, early adopters, bragging righters, suckers and clueless will supply a fresh intake of capital.

Amd knows what Intel is planning, Intel knows what amd is planning, so it's a game to play to see which frog jumps, and why.

TRENDING THREADS