[SOLVED] When will gpu prices go back to normal?

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
Back in 2019, i used to saw a used rx 570 selling for around 50-60 dollars. Now it is selling around 200-300 dollars. When will the gpu prices go back to normal so that i could buy a used rx 570 for $60 ? How long should i wait?

Solution
Can’t tell you for sure. I know I sold a gtx 970 the other day for 150 something on eBay, so some prices are coming down. The performance on that should be in the range of an rx 570/580, so you may consider picking up something like that to tied you over if you need a card. Though I was just looking and it looks like even the 970 is trending up again.

I recently bought a gtx 1070 and paid around 400. 400 is a bit high on a 1070, but at least selling the 970 helped. I guess I figure I will make due with the 1070, and save money until I can afford a newer rtx or amd card.

If you are buying a card though, make sure you keep good airflow around it so that you give the card a chance to live as long as necessary.
Can’t tell you for sure. I know I sold a gtx 970 the other day for 150 something on eBay, so some prices are coming down. The performance on that should be in the range of an rx 570/580, so you may consider picking up something like that to tied you over if you need a card. Though I was just looking and it looks like even the 970 is trending up again.

I recently bought a gtx 1070 and paid around 400. 400 is a bit high on a 1070, but at least selling the 970 helped. I guess I figure I will make due with the 1070, and save money until I can afford a newer rtx or amd card.

If you are buying a card though, make sure you keep good airflow around it so that you give the card a chance to live as long as necessary.

Reactions: Remeca
Solution

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021

Dude that card cost $200 in my country
But in all seriousness tho, I just want a powerful gpu around $50-$60 that can play fortnite 1080p 60fps

Good luck with that. Prices are sky high about across the board. The 970 I think in 2019 was probably in your price range used. At least in the USA, people seem to buying up any decent cards they can find. I’ve read some of the cards may be getting cheaper in China because of miners dumping cards, they started to go down on eBay a little in the USA, but they appear now to be trending up again. Just not sure how long the high prices will last.