Status
Not open for further replies.

cain1108

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
hi i decided to buy gtx590.

right now in the market its 749.99

but my question is that

there will be any price drop for this year?

because if yes then im gonna wait until it drops

but if its not .. but maybe like next year Q1 or somethin like that then i will just buy one ..

i mean of course that when new stuff comes out , then gtx590 price will drop so ..

and i heard that ati 7xxx series comes out this year, but it will effect price of Nvidia ?

and how much its gonna be lower , if they drop the price? less than $100?

sry for newbie question, this is first time im changing graphic card .

Solution

When kepler top end cards are launched, perhaps in March you can expect buyer's remorse with a GTX590. The new cards will perform better, run cooler, and cost the same as a GTX590.

Today, you can get better performance with two GTX570 cards in sli at a lower cost. If, you have a need for a single card that is stronger than a GTX580, then a 6990 is another alternative.
As the fastest graphics card out there, i wouldn't expect its price to drop until Southern Islands and Kepler release, assuming that they can come close to its performance. If they don't have a unit of comparable performance i doubt the price will drop much if any in any reasonable amount of time. At best you might see it go for $700 some places.

cain1108

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
i was trying to buy evga gtx590 but it seems that 749.99 is cheapest price i can

get right now from amazon or newegg. but their return policy was only replacement

so if price drop after i get it now .. then it will be crazy lol, so just want to make sure

The GTX590 is expensive to produce. Nvidia only produces what it can sell at a high price, that is why it is in short supply. When kepler is launched, the GTX590 will not drop in price, but will be discontinued.

The USED price of a GTX590 should drop based on whatever the price performance of top end kepler and 7xxx cards can do.

cain1108

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011

i see

do you know like how much they usually drop prices? like -$50 or 100? or sometime more?

if i buy this today and they drop price like -$100 i will be pissed very much because i cant return it (only replacement)

but if its just 20~50 bucks for price drop then it i bare with it .

When kepler top end cards are launched, perhaps in March you can expect buyer's remorse with a GTX590. The new cards will perform better, run cooler, and cost the same as a GTX590.

Today, you can get better performance with two GTX570 cards in sli at a lower cost. If, you have a need for a single card that is stronger than a GTX580, then a 6990 is another alternative.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.