When will we get a 17inch laptop with 240hz screen?

Apr 26, 2019
We are starting to see more and more 15 inch laptops with 240hz screens. Any words on when we'll see the first 17inch laptop with a 240hz screen?

Don't hold your breath. They might come, but I'm not sure they'll make anything over 144Hz for that screensize. The vast majority will want a 15(.6)" inch laptop, other gaming laptops are like 21". It seems there's just not that big a market for 17" high refresh rate gaming laptops..

Reactions: yakostar
Apr 26, 2019
Don't hold your breath. They might come, but I'm not sure they'll make anything over 144Hz for that screensize. The vast majority will want a 15(.6)" inch laptop, other gaming laptops are like 21". It seems there's just not that big a market for 17" high refresh rate gaming laptops..
That's too bad.. With the thin bezels on new 17 inch laptops they're almost as small as 15 inch gaming laptops were just a few years ago. I guess I'll have to "settle" with 144hz. Sucks as I tried 144hz and 240hz out yesterday and just by scrolling websites the difference was really noticable.

I'm afraid that it'll be a while before 17" laptops are 240Hz, if at all. Even the Mothership by ASUS you might've heard about won't get a 240Hz screen (or there's no plans that I can find). All you can do is wait, I guess..

Reactions: yakostar
Apr 26, 2019
I'm afraid that it'll be a while before 17" laptops are 240Hz, if at all. Even the Mothership by ASUS you might've heard about won't get a 240Hz screen (or there's no plans that I can find). All you can do is wait, I guess..
Yeah, I'll be waiting .. 15 inch is too small for me