• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question When XMP is on computer is resetting & Some questions

May 20, 2020
Hi,

I have restart problem in a game session. It is not clear when it will happen. Sometimes it can happen in 1 hour, sometimes in 8 hours.

This problem is directly related to XMP; I found the same RAM by testing it in different slots and in all cases when XMP is on or off. I talked to the warranty service, they said they would fix the fault themselves - I think cold soldering and I'm afraid of it.

My question begins exactly here.

If I turn off XMP and set the DRAM Freq from bios to 3600MHz and set all the remaining settings to auto, will my performance decrease and hardware damage in long use?

Actually I am doing exactly what I am talking about right now and I do not see any trouble but I want to verify with you that RAM is working at the best performance.

System:
  • MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
  • Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8GB 3600MHz DDR4 <CMW16GX4M2Z3600C18>
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • MSI RX 5700XT Gaming X
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB
  • FSP Hydro G Pro 750W Gold
These are SSs from different applications so that we can verify that RAMs are working at their best:

Thank you

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS