Question When you turn bluetooth on is it actually in the air or only when something calls it?..

nelska

Prominent
Oct 29, 2022
I have a bluetooth watch and I always leave bluetooth on incase I need to correct the time with a press of the button on the watch but thought maybe I should turn it off incase its wasting battery. Does bluetooth admit to being on air or periodically checking the air around you or is it only "on" in a sense that if something were to call it it would receive the call. I am assuming if its on. It would always be "checking for incoming traffic" therefore. scanning the air around you. Mine is like over 140 feet of bluetooth I don't need to be rubbing that in all day long. lmfao. jw, thanks.

Ralston18

Titan
For the record: make and model bluetooth watch?

I consider leaving bluetooth on or off more as a security concern than a power concern.

= = = =

If bluetooth is running and "listening" then it is using battery power. I would not say "wasting power" because bluetooth is simply doing as intended.

Hopefully bluetooth will notify you of attempts to "pair" or otherwise connect with something before allowing such connections. And provide you with an opportunity to accept or deny such connections.

Caveat being that you have established allowed/pre-approved connections relevant to your own private environment versus unsolicited connection requests in public areas.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

nelska

Prominent
Oct 29, 2022
For the record: make and model bluetooth watch?

I consider leaving bluetooth on or off more as a security concern than a power concern.

= = = =

If bluetooth is running and "listening" then it is using battery power. I would not say "wasting power" because bluetooth is simply doing as intended.

Hopefully bluetooth will notify you of attempts to "pair" or otherwise connect with something before allowing such connections. And provide you with an opportunity to accept or deny such connections.

Caveat being that you have established allowed/pre-approved connections relevant to your own private environment versus unsolicited connection requests in public areas.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

It's a Casio GG-B100 G-Shock. I am assuming it's a stand by type of signal that only receives so it's always on but it's not using any energy as apposed to it searching for a signal.

It's a Casio GG-B100 G-Shock. I am assuming it's a stand by type of signal that only receives so it's always on but it's not using any energy as apposed to it searching for a signal
At most these devices will do is broadcast that it's available to pair at a relatively low rate (like maybe once per second). And even then, it likely only does it when it's in a specific mode for pairing.

nelska

Prominent
Oct 29, 2022
At most these devices will do is broadcast that it's available to pair at a relatively low rate (like maybe once per second). And even then, it likely only does it when it's in a specific mode for pairing.
With this app on, Android it will leave a staining notification on the top of the screen like the voicemail button that wont go away if bluetooth isnt on. And on top of that it leaves another one that says "Please connect". Like if it's not connected it wants you to know that. lol. But, I have dealt with it. hahaha