Whenever certain phone connects ping skyrockets

Jan 26, 2019
My sister has a Samsung galaxy j7 prime. I've noticed that whenever she is using her phone, my ping skyrockets to 1000+ and when she's not, I average around 50-60 ping on CS:GO. I've tried everything to my knowledge to fix it but it seems it's out of my ability.
I've tried QoS on my router, which is a DSL-2750U. It requires a DSCP mark and I've selected EF(101110) after reading about the mark somewhere (it said it prioritized gaming) but I haven't noticed any big difference. Also, I read a thread that said it was google+ however she does not have google+ installed. I'm not very good with networking so I don't know what to do. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Our son's previous iPhone knocked out our LAN every time he turned on the WiFi, as well as one of his Apple pads. I never could figure the issue out, but it resolved when he traded up for a newer phone and when the pad went to a newer OS.
We actually paid a part of his data plan so that he didn't have to use WiFi while we were on the network.