[SOLVED] Whenever I install a new graphics card to my motherboard, there's no display on monitor

Oct 19, 2019
Every time I install my graphics card into my pc I get no display on my monitor but whenever I take it out, my pc works perfectly. My monitor only has a VGA port so I can't connect it to my GPU since I need an adapter but shouldn't it be able to show the display from the motherboard? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm still new to computers.

Last edited:

COLGeek

Cybernaut
On many systems, when you install a video card, the on-board (integrated) video adapter is disabled automatically. You need to connect your display to your video card to get an image displayed properly.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
On many systems, when you install a video card, the on-board (integrated) video adapter is disabled automatically. You need to connect your display to your video card to get an image displayed properly.

Oct 19, 2019
I'm gonna buy a VGA adapter next week so hopefully that'll solve the problem. Thanks for helping me though. Have a nice day!!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS