Question Whenever I install the drivers for my Asus RX-580 OC it starts flashing black and white stripes. Please help.

Mar 16, 2019
A couple of weeks ago I got the parts for my first PC. When I had finished bulding it there was an issue with the GPU where whenever I plugged it in the PC wouldn't start and would intead short out. I went and got that checked out and apparently there was a piece of metal short circuting the GPU. When I got the computer back I started it up and it was acting really weird since it would have random frame drops and occasionaly freeze. I assumed this was because I didn't have the drivers installed yet so I went on AMD's website and installed the drivers. As soon as the driver installation was complete my it starts flashing in black and white stripes. I turned it off and plugged in the HDMI to my motherboard and checked what would happen if I uninstalled the drivers and installed them again. Same thing there it just started flashing in black and white stiripes. I don't want to go to the store again since it's quite far from where i live but if it happens to be a hardware issue I guess I will have no other choice. I really have no clue on how to fix this so if anyone has any idea please let me know, any help will be highly appreciated! Thanks!

Mar 16, 2019
what was that metal parts they found was it from the gpu tab or in the gpu slot on the board if either of them is missing you ill still have the issue .
The metal part they found was somewhere on the GPPU however im not sure where on the GPU it was located.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS