[SOLVED] Whenever I join a discord chat to talk and play a game my pc lags and audio stutters. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxer12

Commendable
Jan 2, 2019
About 2 weeks ago my audio and pc started stuttering when I was playing a game with my friends and talking in discord. Whenever i would move my mouse it would be slow and not fluid. Now whenever this happens my friends tell me my mic constantly cuts in and out and when my audio stutters, my game stutters at the same time.

My Specs:
i5-8600k coffee lake
Gigabyte z370 aorus ultra gaming lga 1151
EVGA geforce gtx 1060 6gb
Samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd
Seagate Barracuda 2tb

All my drivers are up to date.
Whenever this happens I restart my pc and about 30-40 mins later the problem happens again. if anyone can help that would be well appreciated.

Solution
Unplug your computer and open the case. Ensure that everything is fully seated or otherwise firmly connected and in place.

If the problem continues use Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe your system after boot up and before playing.

See what changes - may be some bottleneck that develops. Clears when you restart and then just builds up again....

Ralston18

Titan
Unplug your computer and open the case. Ensure that everything is fully seated or otherwise firmly connected and in place.

If the problem continues use Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe your system after boot up and before playing.

See what changes - may be some bottleneck that develops. Clears when you restart and then just builds up again....

Solution

xxer12

Commendable
Jan 2, 2019

I made sure everything was plugged in and it was. So I booted it up and the percentage for my GPU performance was >15% and the usage of my CPU was 20-40%. I also downloaded GPU-Z and my GPU load was 0-1% while on desktop. While playing Monster Hunter World without discord my CPU percent was 85-99% on task manager. My GPU percent was about 30% and on GPU-Z my GPU load was 99% straight. I had no stutters and ran the game on the basic high default settings and got 55-65 fps. While playing this same game with discord my CPU usage was basically 100% the entire time and my GPU usage and GPU load where relatively the same. But while I was playing I would experience very little frame rate drop but my audio would constantly cut out and sound choppy whenever someone talked on discord. It would cause my audio in monster hunter to sound like that as well. I hope this gives you some more info and if you could help that would be great.

Ralston18

Titan
Google:

"discord voice chat stuttering"

One link I found:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/what-is-discord/

Of course you know what discord is but the link provides some useful background information that may help troubleshoot your audio/laggin problem.

And some of the links are more specific to select games and activities.

Keep working on narrowing down cause with respect to your system. Update your post as warranted - someone may recognize the problem and offer a fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS