Question Whenever I play certain game(s) my network cuts out

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 20, 2019
unknown.png

unknown.png

- Make and model of motherboard
- HKC AC Input: 180V-264/47hz-63Hz
(Should be this power supply; https://www.informatique.nl/557084/hkc-sz-450pdr-silent-power-supply-450w.html)
  • Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
  • Windows 10 (All should be up to date)
  • KPN

^ Not sure if this helps but just ask me questions and I'll try to answer them to the best of my knowledge.

So, my problem is that whenever I play GTA San Andreas Multiplayer for a while I get a lot of (messages) resent and (bytes) resent and then packet loss occurs; then my internet on the PC completely dies out. It still shows that I am connected to the internet however I am not as nothing works and it'll say my DNS server is unavailable or whatever. I've had this problem for a few months now and it's really annoying because other forums were unable to help me. However this is a more specialized forum so I hope some genius will be able to either help me with a fix or give me solitude in the form of an answer. People have told me before that it might be a hardware issue however when I was playing on Windows 8 (before) it was running just fine.

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/f58687a7-5073-48fc-93bd-23a9c48b3897
Speedtest, my internet is not supposed to be unable to play a game like this.

Apr 20, 2019
I am talking to one currently on the web (basically pre-appointment or whatever), any questions I should ask?
She says that she can see my connection didn't die out and that that means it's in the PC and not in the router.

Basically now asking me to pay for another engineer (would be the 13th or so) to come and check and would probably leave with the same shit. It's really pissing me off. They are saying they can't do anything because it only happens on my end?

Last edited:
Ask the tech to explain why they think it is your PC when you can always get ping response back from your router. See if they have a reason that you can not ping their router but you can ping you router. You pc sends all the data to the router it can not talk directly to their router so there is nothing you can change in your PC.

There is a tiny chance it is the router but you say they have previously replaced it.