Question Whenever I Play Men of War: Assault Squad 2, My Computer Shuts Down

Jan 10, 2017
I'm not certain as to which component is causing this issue although I decided to un-plug and re-plug the power cable which is connected to my PSU. Furthermore, I changed the outlet in to which the power cable connected. I use hardware component temperature monitoring software and have verified that the issue isn't being caused by my GPU no CPU. I used Open Hardware Monitor and noticed that the values corresponding to the temperatures of components of my system were alarmingly high at 125 C. I have an ASUS motherboard and later realized that my computer reaches this temperature, according to the monitoring software, regardless of whether I'm playing MoW:AS2 or not. Additionally, people have said that the Open Hardware Monitoring application which I've been using doesn't report the said values correctly. I touched the PSU and realized that it didn't feel hot in the slightest. This issue occurred in the past when I played Total War but then stopped for a while. I think I configured a few settings to ensure that my computer wouldn't automatically restart although I don't remember what I did unfortunately.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Look in Reliability History for error codes and warnings that correspond with the shutdowns.

Power down, unplug, and open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Check that all cards, cables, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place by gently rocking them and pressing into place.

Jan 10, 2017
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Look in Reliability History for error codes and warnings that correspond with the shutdowns.

Power down, unplug, and open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Check that all cards, cables, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place by gently rocking them and pressing into place.

I sincerely apologize for the incredibly late response. I've been very busy as of late. Computer specifications from what I can recall from 5 and a half years ago (the age of my system may just be the issue):
  • Intel i7-4790k w/ 4.0 Ghz base, 4.4 Ghz boost & 4 cores (8 threads)
  • Asus STRIX GTX 970 w/ 1253 Mhz base, 1273 Mhz boost & 4 GB's of VRAM (.5 of which is reserved)
  • Corsair H110 Water Cooling System
  • Asus VG-248Q @ 1920x1080p & 144 Hz
  • Western Digital 1 TB HDD (on which games are installed)
  • Corsair 250 GB SSD (on which the OS is installed)
  • Asus Z97A Motherboard
  • Corsair CX750 750 Watt PSU
The error code which corresponds to the shut-down is, invariably, "Error Code 41."

I cleaned my computer recently and the fans are incredibly loud and intense. I decided to check it and didn't find dust nor debris on the interior.

I checked to ensure that all of the components were properly secured in their ports and they were.

Jan 10, 2017