[SOLVED] Whenever i restart my pc it gets stuck on 1 point

May 7, 2020
Basically when i need to restart my pc it does it normally by restarting turning off and TRYING to boot into windows then the little spinny wheel just gets stuck
and i am forced to forceshutdown my pc and boot normally and then it works

Solution
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

you could run startup repair but it normally doesn't do anything (it will say it was unable to repair errors even if there aren't any)
Go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now button
this restarts win 10 (lol. hopefully) in Windows recovery
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info...

Colif

Win 11 Master
right click start button
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

you could run startup repair but it normally doesn't do anything (it will say it was unable to repair errors even if there aren't any)
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

What are specs of PC? Its possible the cause is outdated chipset drivers or BIOS

Solution
May 7, 2020
right click start button
and press enter

choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

What are specs of PC? Its possible the cause is outdated chipset drivers or BIOS
Lets see
The specs are
CPU: i3-9100f
GPU: RX 580 8GB
Motherboard: H310M PRO-VD PLUS
RAM: 8GB ddr4 (dont know how fast that runs)
PSU 450w 80+ bronze

Also a 1 tb hhd
and a 250gb ssd

May 7, 2020
right click start button
and press enter

choose troubleshoot
choose advanced

IT WORKS THANK YOU

Colif

Win 11 Master
So its fixed or not?

cause powershell only fixes windows, it can't fix programs.

if the program runs at startup, you could do a clean boot to bypass it but better to update it if you can

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

other way to stop it is Autoruns - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns

Colif

Win 11 Master
if the program runs at startup, you could do a clean boot to bypass it but better to update it if you can

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

other way to stop it is Autoruns - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns

try that.