[SOLVED] Whenever I turn on my pc my Rx Vega 56 tach isn’t lighting up but the graphics card is still on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2019
I finished building my pc a little bit before I moved out for college, and I had no issues with my system at home. However, when I first set up my system at my dorm I noticed my monitor had said “no display port” and when I looked synced my system, the wraith spiral LRD circle was blue instead of its red color along with none of the LED’s on the graphics card being on. Luckily, the problem was fix itself after a couple hours of not using it, but my computer recently did the same thing again but it’s been two dad and it’s a still acting up. Does anyone know what the issue couldn’t be? I’ve tried all that I can but nothing seems to fix the issue.
Components:
Ryzen 7 1700x (stock cooler being used)
Rx Vega 56
Msi gaming pro motherboard
16gb DDR 4 3200mhz
500 GB Samsung SSD
Corsair 750x PSU

Solution
Unfortunately, there’s no display output when this issue is going on.
lets get some basic scenarios out the way.

1. Do a driver repair on your AMD GPU. You'd be surprised how a driver repair can fix weird issues you may experience.
  2. is the GPU in the correct x16 top slot in your motherboard
  3. during shipping make sure no wires got lose i once shipped a gpu that would not power on at all removed the plastic shroud and found the 8 pin conecter internally was lose.
  4. did you connect the 6-8pin connecters into the GPU from the PSU
Sep 8, 2019
I finished building my pc a little bit before I moved out for college, and I had no issues with my system at home. However, when I first set up my system at my dorm I noticed my monitor had said “no display port” and when I looked synced my system, the wraith spiral LRD circle was blue instead of its red color along with none of the LED’s on the graphics card being on. Luckily, the problem was fix itself after a couple hours of not using it, but my computer recently did the same thing again but it’s been two dad and it’s a still acting up. Does anyone know what the issue couldn’t be? I’ve tried all that I can but nothing seems to fix the issue.
Components:
Ryzen 7 1700x (stock cooler being used)
Rx Vega 56
Msi gaming pro motherboard
16gb DDR 4 3200mhz
500 GB Samsung SSD
Corsair 750x PSU

the gpu doesnt power on at all or?

Sep 8, 2019
Unfortunately, there’s no display output when this issue is going on.

1. Do a driver repair on your AMD GPU. You'd be surprised how a driver repair can fix weird issues you may experience.
  3. during shipping make sure no wires got lose i once shipped a gpu that would not power on at all removed the plastic shroud and found the 8 pin conecter internally was lose.

Solution
Oct 3, 2019

1. how would I do that?
  2. Yes, the gpu is on the first x16 slot
  3. I checked and everything seem to be find
  4. The two 8 pins required for the GPU are directly connected to the PSU

Sep 8, 2019
  1. how would I do that?
  2. Yes, the gpu is on the first x16 slot
  3. I checked and everything seem to be find
  4. The two 8 pins required for the GPU are directly connected to the PSU

Start>type Device Manager>open device manager>display adapters>click your GPU> properties>drivers> rollback driver> update driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.