Whenever my brother gets off his laptop my internet crashes?

Mwagner1118

Reputable
Jan 26, 2016
Late at night when my brother gets off his laptop, if I am playing a game or anything I'll instantly have my internet dropped. I have to go and restart the router to fix this. What is causing the problem and how do i fix it? I have no idea about this stuff and help would be appreaciated. Thank you.

thehutti

Distinguished
May 12, 2014
There is just too little information to suggest a solution to your problem. If the Internet is distributed by a WLAN router, then a Client shutdown should not matter at all. If you get the Internet through a bridgeconnection in your brothers laptop then you go offline, but then a router restart would not help. The only possible solution i could think of at the moment would be that your brother powers the router with the same power strip that has a master/slave functionality, so the router will be cut from power when your brother shuts down his laptop, or that the router has a problem when losing a client and freezes.

Or your brother just shut the connection down because he thinks its funny ;)

Mwagner1118

Reputable
Jan 26, 2016

They are connected to the same power strip, should i test it by putting them on different strips?

Latest posts