News Where and How to Buy an AMD Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 CPU

Nov 10, 2020
If you use Chrome, get the extension "Auto Refresh Plus - ARP". You can set it to refresh the page every 30 seconds, and look for text and when it finds it sound an alarm. For amazon I would look for "Add to cart" for example. Other sites the keywords change some. This is how I managed to get mine ordered, though it is set to deliver 11/30.

Reactions: kyle382
Oct 22, 2020
What's even the point of having a UK/CA/AU version of the site if you can't even be bothered to switch store links in your articles...?

Tanquen

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Most of Neweggs notify links are broken and they don't even have some for most of the rising CPUs and a lot of the RTX 3080s etc don't even have an auto notify. And even when they work they're gone by the time you click on them.

McGaz

Prominent
Feb 15, 2019
I was on multiple sites at launch and thought I'd struck lucky with Scan as I got through the process (slowly), but one buggy refresh required on the basket.

That buggy refresh cost me and I ended up getting a pre-order. I've now received my position of about 400 in the queue. Not sure that's far enough to get one when the next batch comes in :/

It'll happen all over again for the new graphics cards!

JayNor

Reputable
May 31, 2019
Bergman's comments to theStreet indicate tsm wafer starts are tight. AMD likely has contractual obligations for the big monolithic game console chips...

oliverrealize

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016
I have a huge amount of respect for Tom's Hardware, but posting a where to find article, dam well knowing it's sold out everywhere except for scalpers on ebay is something I'd expect from shady wordpress.com sites. Guess that's where we're at now....

larsv8

Distinguished
Go to YouTube and find the channel that is just a script running of all the retailers. Leave it running in the background and it will make a chime when restocking happens. This is how I was able to nab a 5800x

montyw47

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2007
How to get your hands on a Ryzen 5000 processor before they sell out.

Where and How to Buy an AMD Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 CPU : Read more
We have waited 2 months. So far NOT a peep from AMD about the Ryzen Zen 3 line up production shortages. Does AMD even care about retail customers or smaller OEMs??? If bigger system makers get the same stonewalling, AMD stock will take a beating and rightly so. AMD finally got a bettre reputation and they are doing everything to destroy it.

JoBalz

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2014
B&H has had the 5600X and the 5800X in stock. I bought the 5600X a month ago from them and noticed today that the price for both has dropped a bit, the 5800X now coming in slightly under $400. Haven't checked the other 5xxx series for availability. B&H, as long as they have the processor in stock, ships quickly. I've gradually moved over to purchasing from them over other sources due to competitive prices and free shipping. Have experienced no problems and transactions have gone smoothly.