News Where and How to Buy Radeon RX 6800, RX 6800XT

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
Can't believe all the bed-pooping by these companies...

The common denominator here is TSMC.
They can't keep up with Nvidia demand.
They can't keep up with AMD CPU or GPU demand.
They can't keep up with demand for console APUs
They don't have any future capacity to sell to anyone. They're booked solid for years.
Everyone likes talking about Intel's manufacturing problems. It looks to me like TSMC has some pretty major issues they aren't talking about.

MorganPike

Prominent
Jan 8, 2020
Linking to scalpers again. Oh, we'll just call them 'resellers'. That sounds better.

If scumbags want to support scalpers that's their business. They aren't hard to find. They don't need toms help for that.

But tomshardware linking to them lends a level of credibility they don't deserve and for that toms should be ashamed.

I am rapidly losing respect.

Reactions: purple_dragon
They don't have any future capacity to sell to anyone. They're booked solid for years.
Everyone likes talking about Intel's manufacturing problems. It looks to me like TSMC has some pretty major issues they aren't talking about.
You realize that Nvidia rtx3000 is using samsung fabs, not tsmc at all?

Reactions: Makaveli

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
Every one of these articles is completely useless. The only way to get one of these in demand items immediately is ebay. Otherwise you just have to hope you get lucky and visit an etailer at the exact right time. I was at Best Buy today picking up an online order, and saw an RTX 3090 so they are floating out there and someone in my area got lucky.

purple_dragon

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2012
These ebay scalper links makes me wonder if Tom's or it's employees aren't being paid by scalpers or scalping themselves. I'm about done with this site.

SyDiko

Reputable
Jun 14, 2017

What demand? A few thousand people running bots 24/7 to buy up stock? That's not real demand. That's lazy scum trying to corner a market and flip a product to make a buck at your expense.

That said, graphic cards and CPUs aren't like consoles... They aren't an all-in-one product where you need to have it to play. Most of us won't need to upgrade for another 2 years. Moreover, PC components aren't cheap either and I say let the scalpers buy the initial stock and let it rot in their basements so they instead lose money. Eventually, Nvidia and AMD will catch up and then just buy what you need at the actual MSRP from a real retailer.

It's just like the switch consoles. Scalpers tried to buy them in bulk and Nintendo just overproduced so everyone could get one. Fast-forward to 2020, scalpers tried to corner the Switch market again for some unknown reason (C-19 playing old ass MK8 with friends every day was the excuse lol), and if you look in stores now Nintendo dropped more consoles than scalpers can buy so everyone can get a 3 year old console.

PS5 and Xbox X are another animal all together but if we're talking PS5? The only game exclusive to just that console is Demon Souls, but it's actually a remake from the PS3 lol. Everything else can be played on the PS4.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2020

Nvidia mostly uses gddr6x and Samsung node not AMDs gddr6 and TSMC...