Where are AMD GPU drivers for Linux Mint?

Hello,

I have an R7 250 that I need to get going on my old computer.

I had Windows 10, but after installing the GPU there was no signal after the BIOS.

I installed the driver from AMD and then the GPU would restart the machine after the BIOS, over and over again.

I cleared the CMOS and defaulted the BIOS about 5 times and had it. I also reapplied thermal paste to the graphics card twice, just to make sure I didn't do anything wrong the first time. NO LUCK.

I figured I would install LINUX to try my luck there.

I have to say I love LINUX and will buy all my computers without the purchase of Windows forever in the future.

Anyway, I now am in process of trying to find a download for the R7 250 on LINUX MINT 18.3 CINNAMON.

I should say that I installed the graphics card once already after installing linux, without AMD drivers, and came up with a black screen. I then rebooted the computer after uninstalling the GPU and LINUX went haywire, saying some files couldn't be found and it was asking for all types of DOS commands that I have no experience in except for 20+ years ago when I was a wee lad. I reinstalled LINUX again and did many restarts to see if it was installed correctly. It is and no errors, thankfully.

I am real scared to install the GPU again. I really want this to work. Please, Please Help Me!

thermal paste to the graphics card twice, just to make sure I didn't do anything wrong the first time. NO LUCK.

??? please clarify

The drivers for AMD cards are built in to the kernel. You do not need to install any additional software for an R7250 to work.
Easiest way to get the latest kernel (drivers) is to use a distro like latest ubuntu 18.04

Are you sure you don't need to enable the PCIe graphics slot in BIOS? Some computers require this.

The BIOS is set to auto. There is an integrated choice and auto choice. It is on auto.

clarification: since the screen was coming up black and then restarting the bios every time after I installed the driver, I figured the card may need new thermal paste. I did one more time after the first time to make sure it was applied correctly. It was

Okay, I hooked up another monitor, after I clicked the AMDGPU thing The Samsung auto selected a few resolutions until it picked up a signal. It sees at 720x400. Then it flashes white static on and off. I think its broke. Any ideas on what to do to the card to fix it?

I also tried to stick the ISO usb for LINUX back in to see if it would possibly fix something i did wrong in the driver installation phase. It sees though the video card and this is great, but it only does a bunch of coding and say's this at the last line.

[ 11.457462] random: fast init done

"AMDGPU thing" = whatever the installation file is called for linux. I don't get that either. They talk in the amd manuals like its a whole piece of software by itself, but it is trash. It does not startup upon clicking it, therefore it is not a program. I do not like amd a whole bunch. There are always problems with them. It's like buying a Wacom tablet and having all the drivers automatically detected by your OS and buying a Ugee tablet and having to hardcode things like pen-pressure. If I wanted and had a job with AMD, I would make it my goal to have services such as that for my customers. On the other hand, I may have a broken card and am talking a bunch of hot air for nothing, :p.

Okay, scratch the white noise picture. It seems that the samsung just didn't find the correct resolution yet. Alright, so with the original LINUX set up and GPU driver, it still does the coding, but this time it says

ata3: COMRESET failed (errno=-32)