Where are the girl babies?

I've had the Sims for a few months now (and just got University), and
i've noticed something: every baby born in the game, so far, has been a
boy. Let me chronicle all of them so far:

Peter First
Joseph First
Paul First (all from the same family, none twins).
Xavier Curious (the alien baby).
Kev Broke/Dreamer (Brandi's kid, adopted by Darren & Cassandra).
Samuel Sim
Jack and Jeffrey Nigmos (twin sons of Ophelia and Johnny).

That's eight boys, and no girls. What is this, the Old Testament or
something? I've heard that the game sometimes goes through 4 or 5 of
one gender, then switches to 4 or 5 of another, but eight?

Cass and Don Goth now have 4 children, who alternated as follows:
Hector, Isabella, Nicholas, and Penelope. In every instance Cassandra
initiated the 'Try for Baby', basically because I thought Don would
balk if I told him to initiate baby making. Woo-hoo, sure, but try for
baby?

In addition, I had one set of twins which the first time they were born
were a boy and a girl, then due to a crash I went back to just before
their birth and they became 2 girls.

I dunno. Methinks it's completely random.

~*~
vecki

"Admiral DanielSBen" <Admiral_DanielSBen@excite.com> wrote in message
> I've had the Sims for a few months now (and just got University), and
> i've noticed something: every baby born in the game, so far, has been a
> boy. Let me chronicle all of them so far:
>
> Peter First
> Joseph First
> Paul First (all from the same family, none twins).
> Xavier Curious (the alien baby).
> Kev Broke/Dreamer (Brandi's kid, adopted by Darren & Cassandra).
> Samuel Sim
> Jack and Jeffrey Nigmos (twin sons of Ophelia and Johnny).
>
> That's eight boys, and no girls. What is this, the Old Testament or
> something? I've heard that the game sometimes goes through 4 or 5 of
> one gender, then switches to 4 or 5 of another, but eight?

I was going to suggest that the parent who initiates the Try for Baby action
determines the gender of the child, because I've noticed that after
wondering why Brandi Broke in my game kept getting boy after boy after boy.
(Since the fathers are all men from outside her home, she always initiates
the action) Upon watching it for a while after noticing this, it seemed to
me that I could reasonably conclude that the gender of the child was
opposite the gender of the sim who initiated the Try for Baby, since it
occurred for something like 6/6 subsequent births (including Brandi's 11
children). But then I realized that I've had crashes immediately after a
sim having a baby, reloaded the game and had the baby be the other gender on
the reload. Perhaps it's just a weird string or perhaps I did find
something and the game coded it so that if you reloaded the birth, the
gender would be swapped. Who knows. Maybe that can help you.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

"Admiral DanielSBen" <Admiral_DanielSBen@excite.com> wrote in message
> I've had the Sims for a few months now (and just got University), and
> i've noticed something: every baby born in the game, so far, has been a
> boy. Let me chronicle all of them so far:
>
> Peter First
> Joseph First
> Paul First (all from the same family, none twins).
> Xavier Curious (the alien baby).
> Kev Broke/Dreamer (Brandi's kid, adopted by Darren & Cassandra).
> Samuel Sim
> Jack and Jeffrey Nigmos (twin sons of Ophelia and Johnny).
>
> That's eight boys, and no girls. What is this, the Old Testament or
> something? I've heard that the game sometimes goes through 4 or 5 of
> one gender, then switches to 4 or 5 of another, but eight?

All the girl babies must be in my game... 16 in a row, no boys. One
more pregnancy going and I'm wondering if the streak will go to 17!
Dave

Well, yes, of course you are right. I don't know about the bloke with the
hearts though - with or without a shower first.

Do you know what that Mac meal is, BTW? I assume it's some American thing.
I have visions of the middle of a Burger and Bun being fried up in a pan
with cheese. Sounds VILE.

Best wishes
Maxon

Maxon wrote:

> Well, yes, of course you are right. I don't know about the bloke with the
> hearts though - with or without a shower first.
>
> Do you know what that Mac meal is, BTW? I assume it's some American thing.
> I have visions of the middle of a Burger and Bun being fried up in a pan
> with cheese. Sounds VILE.

Mac N Sneeze. W or without Weinies.

:)

-georg

> Well, yes, of course you are right. I don't know about the bloke with the
> hearts though - with or without a shower first.

I have it on good authority (I read it on the back of a matchbox) that if
the female pulls the toilet chain during the man's shower, then they
woo-hoo, she has triplets.

> Do you know what that Mac meal is, BTW? I assume it's some American
> thing.
> I have visions of the middle of a Burger and Bun being fried up in a pan
> with cheese. Sounds VILE.

Perhaps it's just the 'beefburger' option? I just pretend that all my Sim
meals are soya substitutes knitted to the right shape, though why someone
would want to present veggi lobster in a shell beats the hell out of me.

Granny - wondering about knitted meatballs.... boggle.

ali

Maxon wrote:
> Well, yes, of course you are right. I don't know about the bloke with the
> hearts though - with or without a shower first.
>
> Do you know what that Mac meal is, BTW? I assume it's some American thing.
> I have visions of the middle of a Burger and Bun being fried up in a pan
> with cheese. Sounds VILE.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon

It's called macaroni and cheese and it's delicious when it's made from
scratch. Basically it's elbow macaroni mixed with cheddar cheese sauce,
and baked. I mix some broccoli in there, top it with bread crumbs and
butter and my family gobbles it up. Hope that clears it up a bit.

Ali

> Well, yes, of course you are right. I don't know about the bloke with the
> hearts though - with or without a shower first.
>
> Do you know what that Mac meal is, BTW? I assume it's some American
> thing.
> I have visions of the middle of a Burger and Bun being fried up in a pan
> with cheese. Sounds VILE.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon

Macaroni and cheese, which I think is called a Kraft dinner in Canada.
http://www.lysator.liu.se/etexts/recept/us/mac-and-cheese.html

In regards to the original topic, I had a theory that the game made an
effort to try and keep a balance of the gender ratios in the
neighbourhood... any chance your boy-producing neighbourhood had more women
than men?

I've added CAS families with lots of girls to a neighbourhood before having
a family try for a baby in order to get a boy, and that seemed to work for
me. It's not something I've done hundreds of times though so it's probably
just a statistical glitch. Usually I have neighbourhoods with a fairly equal
number of males and females, and usually I get families of alternating
genders.

Oh yes, of course. Yes, we do that in England too - just don't shorten the
name.

It wasn't my neighbourhood or my query that started this thread - I seem to
get an even mix of girls and boys. Maybe the original poster will find your
suggestion useful.

Best wishes
Maxon

ali wrote:

> It's called macaroni and cheese and it's delicious when it's made from
> scratch. Basically it's elbow macaroni mixed with cheddar cheese sauce,
> and baked. I mix some broccoli in there, top it with bread crumbs and
> butter and my family gobbles it up. Hope that clears it up a bit.

This reminds me of a bad joke.

A pretty young thing was getting married. She sat down with her mother
and asked her how to make a man truly happy. Her mother stammered a bit,
and then started to try to explain about the birds and the bees....
But her daugher cut her off. "I know how to screw, mom. That's why he
wants to marry me. What I really need to know is how to make macaroni
and cheese."

-georg

"ali" <babaonthenet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Maxon wrote:
>> Well, yes, of course you are right. I don't know about the bloke with
>> the
>> hearts though - with or without a shower first.
>>
>> Do you know what that Mac meal is, BTW? I assume it's some American
>> thing.
>> I have visions of the middle of a Burger and Bun being fried up in a pan
>> with cheese. Sounds VILE.
>>
>> Best wishes
>> Maxon
>>

> It's called macaroni and cheese and it's delicious when it's made from
> scratch. Basically it's elbow macaroni mixed with cheddar cheese sauce,
> and baked. I mix some broccoli in there, top it with bread crumbs and
> butter and my family gobbles it up. Hope that clears it up a bit.

I had forgotten about the macaroni cheese. Never call it Mac and anything
though in the UK. Well not round here, anyway. You are right. Excellent
fodder and not a lentil to be seen.
Cauliflower cheese also. Mmmmmm.

GCA.

> ali wrote:
>
>> It's called macaroni and cheese and it's delicious when it's made from
>> scratch. Basically it's elbow macaroni mixed with cheddar cheese sauce,
>> and baked. I mix some broccoli in there, top it with bread crumbs and
>> butter and my family gobbles it up. Hope that clears it up a bit.
>
> This reminds me of a bad joke.
>
> A pretty young thing was getting married. She sat down with her mother and
> asked her how to make a man truly happy. Her mother stammered a bit, and
> then started to try to explain about the birds and the bees....
> But her daugher cut her off. "I know how to screw, mom. That's why he
> wants to marry me. What I really need to know is how to make macaroni and
> cheese."

Why do you say macaroni 'and' cheese? Just wondering.
I have a old cookery book here with wonderful M and C recipe therein.
Take two pounds of tasty cheese and grate it into a pan of water. Boil, then
rolling simmer for... x minutes.
Strain water into a second pan... and... throw away the cheese.....

Then boil up the macaroni in the water, drain, and serve with a sprig of
parsley, or something very like.
Children! Do not try this at home.

Granny.

> "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
> > ali wrote:
> >
> >> It's called macaroni and cheese and it's delicious when it's made from
> >> scratch. Basically it's elbow macaroni mixed with cheddar cheese
sauce,
> >> and baked. I mix some broccoli in there, top it with bread crumbs and
> >> butter and my family gobbles it up. Hope that clears it up a bit.
> >
> > This reminds me of a bad joke.
> >
> > A pretty young thing was getting married. She sat down with her mother
and
> > asked her how to make a man truly happy. Her mother stammered a bit, and
> > then started to try to explain about the birds and the bees....
> > But her daugher cut her off. "I know how to screw, mom. That's why he
> > wants to marry me. What I really need to know is how to make macaroni
and
> > cheese."
> >
> Why do you say macaroni 'and' cheese? Just wondering.
> I have a old cookery book here with wonderful M and C recipe therein.
> Take two pounds of tasty cheese and grate it into a pan of water. Boil,
then
> rolling simmer for... x minutes.
> Strain water into a second pan... and... throw away the cheese.....
>
> Then boil up the macaroni in the water, drain, and serve with a sprig of
> parsley, or something very like.
> Children! Do not try this at home.
>
> Granny.

Why in the world would you throw out the cheese?! Of course, I've never
heard of boiling cheese in water, either. You make it all creamy and it
coats the macaroni and it gets all congealed and sticky and good.
Mmmm...good with ketchup, too.

Kelly

Granny Crabapple wrote:

> Why do you say macaroni 'and' cheese? Just wondering.
> I have a old cookery book here with wonderful M and C recipe therein.
> Take two pounds of tasty cheese and grate it into a pan of water. Boil, then
> rolling simmer for... x minutes.
> Strain water into a second pan... and... throw away the cheese.....
>
> Then boil up the macaroni in the water, drain, and serve with a sprig of
> parsley, or something very like.
> Children! Do not try this at home.

Make elbow pasta. Then make a roux, white sauce, add cheese to get
cheese sauce, add the drained pasta. Sprink bread crumbs and more cheese
on top. Bake for an hour. YUM. Never met a man who didn't like that.

Lactose intolerant need not apply.

And then there's the horrible Kraft blue box staple of my college days
with a hot dog or 3 sliced and tossed in. Not as good, but a great way
to procrastinate.

-georg

Oh yes, now I like cauli cheese - one of my favourites.

> "ali" <babaonthenet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Maxon wrote:
> >> Well, yes, of course you are right. I don't know about the bloke with
> >> the
> >> hearts though - with or without a shower first.
> >>
> >> Do you know what that Mac meal is, BTW? I assume it's some American
> >> thing.
> >> I have visions of the middle of a Burger and Bun being fried up in a
pan
> >> with cheese. Sounds VILE.
> >>
> >> Best wishes
> >> Maxon
> >>

> > It's called macaroni and cheese and it's delicious when it's made from
> > scratch. Basically it's elbow macaroni mixed with cheddar cheese sauce,
> > and baked. I mix some broccoli in there, top it with bread crumbs and
> > butter and my family gobbles it up. Hope that clears it up a bit.
> >
> I had forgotten about the macaroni cheese. Never call it Mac and anything
> though in the UK. Well not round here, anyway. You are right. Excellent
> fodder and not a lentil to be seen.
> Cauliflower cheese also. Mmmmmm.
>
> GCA.

That's just plain weird Granny - not Mrs ('Take 12 eggs') Beeton surely?

Makes me think though - cheese was considered a crude (lower class) food
back in ye (alleged) good old days. The upper classes wouldn't eat it.
Silly Sods - I'd kill for a seriously good stilton.

> That's just plain weird Granny - not Mrs ('Take 12 eggs') Beeton surely?

Not Beeton. Hold on, I will check the book It is quite falling to bitses.
Boo, it's not there. Packed away in the 'Golden Oldie' box Ha! Second box I
pulled from under the bed...
Hum! Not two pounds of cheese, two ounces! And it comes under 'Cookery for
invalids; may be eaten without risk.... Ah, and when the drained macaroni is
still hot stir in the yolk of an eggy and a spponful of milk or cream. This
last step fools the patient into thinking they are eating real cheese...
Golly.
Nelson's Home Comforts. No date. 23rd edition so not all that old.
"NOTICE" in the back says if you send 2/6 Postal order you can get a sample
box of Nelson's goodies, AND a copy of the book - or a copy of the book will
be sent gratis on receipt of a penny postage stamp.

Hm, my other little book says place the cooked macaroni in a dish and dot
with butter, here and there and cover with layered cheese and finally bread
crumbs.
Set before the fire for 5 or 10 minutes. This book seems to be pushing
Yorkshire Relish as it is added to almost every dish except puddings. 1886.
Not all that old.

> Makes me think though - cheese was considered a crude (lower class) food
> back in ye (alleged) good old days. The upper classes wouldn't eat it.
> Silly Sods - I'd kill for a seriously good stilton.

Heh.

Granny.

> Not Beeton. Hold on, I will check the book It is quite falling to bitses.
> > Hum! Not two pounds of cheese, two ounces! And it comes under 'Cookery
for
> invalids; may be eaten without risk.... Ah, and when the drained macaroni
is
> still hot stir in the yolk of an eggy and a spponful of milk or cream.
This
> last step fools the patient into thinking they are eating real cheese...

Sounds gruesome. And the added egg is without risk is it? What was is
Edwina Currie said? (Apart from suggesting something unspeakable to John
Major that is).

> Golly.
> Nelson's Home Comforts. No date. 23rd edition so not all that old.
> "NOTICE" in the back says if you send 2/6 Postal order you can get a
sample
> box of Nelson's goodies, AND a copy of the book - or a copy of the book
will
> be sent gratis on receipt of a penny postage stamp.
>
> Hm, my other little book says place the cooked macaroni in a dish and dot
> with butter, here and there and cover with layered cheese and finally
bread
> crumbs.
> Set before the fire for 5 or 10 minutes. This book seems to be pushing
> Yorkshire Relish as it is added to almost every dish except puddings.
1886.
> Not all that old.

Set before the fire - Blimey, where do you get this stuff?
Yorkshire Relish is fine in puddings.

>> Set before the fire for 5 or 10 minutes. This book seems to be pushing
>> Yorkshire Relish as it is added to almost every dish except puddings.
> 1886.
>> Not all that old.
>
> Set before the fire - Blimey, where do you get this stuff?
> Yorkshire Relish is fine in puddings.

Gawd.....
There is reprint of georgian hand-written recipes, and I can remember...
Take the whites of four dozen eggs. Beat for five hours....
Take (something like) five pounds of best raisins. Remove the stones....
And:
...put the flour and eggs into a pot and 'sling in' a peck of, and a bit of..
I had a vision of a cook pitching in raisins over-arm with great force.

I wonder how many kitchen maids took turn beating those egg whites? 8(((

I have a lovely household hints one here that deals with fun and games by
the sea-side. (My translation, you understand)
First you build up your strength. Then, after a light breakfast you drink a
pint of sea-water. Get into the 'bathing machine' Put on your bathing
costume.. and the leggins... and the arm-mufflers... and the hat.. and
scarf, and boots... and get the machine pushed into the sea... NOT THAT
DEEP!
Blushing maiden inches down the steps, well-shielded by women holding up
towels. Maiden dips toe into water and they all cheer.
Retreat back into the machine and get dressed, get rushed home in a covered
carriage with a rug over the knees and spend the rest of the morning
well-wrapped in a warm blanket before the fire, sipping a nourishing soup.

Now THATS the sort of holiday I need.

Granny.

ali

georg wrote:
> ali wrote:
>
>> It's called macaroni and cheese and it's delicious when it's made from
>> scratch. Basically it's elbow macaroni mixed with cheddar cheese
>> sauce, and baked. I mix some broccoli in there, top it with bread
>> crumbs and butter and my family gobbles it up. Hope that clears it up
>> a bit.
>

> This reminds me of a bad joke.
>
> A pretty young thing was getting married. She sat down with her mother
> and asked her how to make a man truly happy. Her mother stammered a bit,
> and then started to try to explain about the birds and the bees....
> But her daugher cut her off. "I know how to screw, mom. That's why he
> wants to marry me. What I really need to know is how to make macaroni
> and cheese."
>
> -georg

LOL, that's a good one, I like it!

Ali

ali

Granny Crabapple wrote:
> "georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
>
>>ali wrote:
>>

>>>It's called macaroni and cheese and it's delicious when it's made from
>>>scratch. Basically it's elbow macaroni mixed with cheddar cheese sauce,
>>>and baked. I mix some broccoli in there, top it with bread crumbs and
>>>butter and my family gobbles it up. Hope that clears it up a bit.
>>
>>This reminds me of a bad joke.
>>
>>A pretty young thing was getting married. She sat down with her mother and
>>asked her how to make a man truly happy. Her mother stammered a bit, and
>>then started to try to explain about the birds and the bees....
>>But her daugher cut her off. "I know how to screw, mom. That's why he
>>wants to marry me. What I really need to know is how to make macaroni and
>>cheese."
>>

> Why do you say macaroni 'and' cheese? Just wondering.
> I have a old cookery book here with wonderful M and C recipe therein.
> Take two pounds of tasty cheese and grate it into a pan of water. Boil, then
> rolling simmer for... x minutes.
> Strain water into a second pan... and... throw away the cheese.....
>
> Then boil up the macaroni in the water, drain, and serve with a sprig of
> parsley, or something very like.
> Children! Do not try this at home.
>
> Granny.

Um cause it's macaroni and cheese mixed together? I don't know, I
didn't invent it, I just like to cook it and eat it. No offense but
your recipe sounds gross. I know your probably kidding Granny but I am
just one of those people who has a hard time telling the difference. My
hubby picks on me for that all the time, lol.

Ali

ali

Granny Crabapple wrote:

> Hm, my other little book says place the cooked macaroni in a dish and dot
> with butter, here and there and cover with layered cheese and finally bread
> crumbs.
> Set before the fire for 5 or 10 minutes. This book seems to be pushing
> Yorkshire Relish as it is added to almost every dish except puddings. 1886.
> Not all that old.

This one sounds like what my hubby's nana used to call german macaroni
and cheese only she would mix some milk in with the macaroni before
dotting it with butter and cheese. Doesn't taste as good as the real thing.

Ali

ali

Granny Crabapple wrote:
> "ali" <babaonthenet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Maxon wrote:
>>
>>>Well, yes, of course you are right. I don't know about the bloke with
>>>the
>>>hearts though - with or without a shower first.
>>>
>>>Do you know what that Mac meal is, BTW? I assume it's some American
>>>thing.
>>>I have visions of the middle of a Burger and Bun being fried up in a pan
>>>with cheese. Sounds VILE.
>>>
>>>Best wishes
>>>Maxon
>>>

>>It's called macaroni and cheese and it's delicious when it's made from
>>scratch. Basically it's elbow macaroni mixed with cheddar cheese sauce,
>>and baked. I mix some broccoli in there, top it with bread crumbs and
>>butter and my family gobbles it up. Hope that clears it up a bit.
>>

> I had forgotten about the macaroni cheese. Never call it Mac and anything
> though in the UK. Well not round here, anyway. You are right. Excellent
> fodder and not a lentil to be seen.
> Cauliflower cheese also. Mmmmmm.
>
> GCA.

Mmmm...cauliflower with cheese sauce is delicious. I am a vegetarian
and so I have to get creative with the veggies. Lentils are good, I've
just never cooked with them myself. I'm going to get brave one of these
days and try it out.

Ali

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

> Twins. There's something I'd love to have. I keep hoping.

Seems like I am getting twins as often as every four births now. They are
more work so once you have had them once or twice you won't want them.

Gareeth