[SOLVED] Where are the Intel core i5-11400 CPUs?

Jul 8, 2021
On June 23, I ordered an i5-11400 on Best Buy for $189 and it said it would be able to be picked up by July 7. After a week or two of saying that, it then changed to pickup date of July 17, and now yesterday I received a link saying it was delayed and now it has NO delivery date??? After checking many, many reliable retail sites, I couldn't find ANY that had these CPUs in stock. There are multiple not-so-reputable sites that claim they are in stock at exorbitant prices, but even those give a future delivery date of mid-July to August. So why isn't any media outlet reporting on this? No stories that I can find explaining the delays. Anyone else in the same situation?

Solution
There's a global chip scarcity going around, and then there's the pandemic putting a stress on logistics which is putting a strain on delivery dates.
Jul 8, 2021
Thanks for your quick response and while I certainly figured as much, I find it ODD that there is NO reporting that I can find on these shortages specifically affecting the newest Intel 11th gen CPUs.