Question Where can I buy a new PC that is 100% Windows 7-compatible and somewhat powerful?

krs000

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018
Hello.
I want to buy a new PC that is 100% Windows 7 compatible. By this I mean that the hardware in it must have official Windows 7 drivers available. I also want the computer to be somewhat powerful so it can handle some of the newer games (I'm not really pick on that, but just something that can be used for more than surfing and streaming). Harddrive should be at least 500 Gb or over 1 Tb if possible. It can be a regular HDD, I don't need any SSD etc.
I also want everything to be new and nothing refurbished or used. I'd prefer something that is of decent quality and won't break down in a couple years. The seller must be able to ship it to me (I live in Sweden, Europe).
Do you have any suggestions on where I should buy this? Is it best to just go to eBay and buy something marked as "Brand New" (and avoid "New (Other)").
Do you have any links or suggestions to something that fits my requirements? I really could use some advice because I'm really clueless.

krs000

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018
Moved to the Systems section for increased visibility.

What is your budget for such a system? Do you require a pre-built system or are you will to build your own rig?

Thank you for answering! My budget is maybe $1000 excluding shipping costs. I want a prebuilt system that will work out of the box.

krs000

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018
I don't believe you will be able to find a Brand New prebuilt for Windows 7. Maybe one sitting in a box on a shelf collecting dust with older components.

I have realized this now. So I'll have to go with a custom built computer, using brand new parts, designed to work with Windows 7, preferably with the OS already installed on it. There are computers like this on eBay. Do you have any suggestions?

Finding a new system that can have Win 7 installed on it by the user is certainly possible. However, why Win 7? This venerable OS is about to be no longer supported by MS. Why not change to Win 10?

I understand this would be the best option, but unfortunately I can't get used to W10. I've tried more than once. I simply hate everything about it. I have used computers since the 1980s starting with CP/M, then DOS, Windows 3.1 and so on, all the way up to Windows 7. W10 is the worst OS I have ever encountered. It's just completely impossible for me to use it, I rather not use a computer at all if it was between W10 or nothing, that's how much I hate it.
I have also tried Linux and Apple and was not very impressed with neither.
Of course one day Win7 will be unusable, but I plan to hang on to it for as long as I can.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
You should be able to purchase a Dell or HP, for example, that you can install Win 7 easily enough onto.

I think your aversion to using Win 10 can be easily overcome as Win 10 can be configured to act very much like Win 7 and it will be more stable and secure than previous Windows versions.

krs000

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018
You should be able to purchase a Dell or HP, for example, that you can install Win 7 easily enough onto.

I think your aversion to using Win 10 can be easily overcome as Win 10 can be configured to act very much like Win 7 and it will be more stable and secure than previous Windows versions.

My experience with downgrading Windows 10 to Windows 7 on recent computers is that the various hardware used in OEM systems often is not the exact same models that are sold separately in retail, and these OEM parts lack proper Windows 7 drivers. Whenever I looked up the exact model numbers I found out that there were no Windows 7 drivers for these precise hardware parts available from the manufacturers' websites. What I ended up doing was using Driver Downloader type softwares, which would usually just grab a driver for a different model, which was similar enough, with mixed results.
I am have a computer in my home that came with Windows 8 (also horrible OS) that lacked Win7 drivers for the chipset and several other major parts. The computer runs really funky because of this.

So I was thinking of buying a custom built system on eBay that comes with Windows 7 Professional. I've gotten the advice online that it's hard to come over legit licenses for Windows 7 these days. One seller I've been corresponding with claims the system will come with a legit Windows 7, that he can - I quote his words "still get legit copies of through download, then provide a serial number for it". He also adds that if I "want a hologram to go with it, I have to pay extra". I have no idea what this means. Do you know if there are ways to still aquire good legit licenses for Windows 7 through some type of online downloads, or is this seller trying to trick me and I will receive a pirated Windows 7? I don't want to end up with something that will say "This Windows version is not authentic" after a few weeks.

PS: I know there are ways to make W10 appear more visually like 7, but there is so much more I hate about it than just the IU alone. Perhaps one day when Win7 is completely unusuable, I will go down that route, but for as long as it's possible to hold on to it, I prefer to do that because I don't have the patience nor time right now in life to learn a new OS unless I am forced to do so.

Btw, I appreciate your replies. Any suggestions are welcome.