[SOLVED] Where can I buy a PCIe cable in UK that's compatible with Seasonic Focus Plus Platinum ?

Gyoung123

Reputable
Jun 9, 2020
HI everyone,

I recently bought a Zotax 3080 TI Trinity and went to install it in my system. Alas, it needs two PCIE slots and I cannot find where I left my spare PSU Cables.

I have a seasonic focus+ platinum750W PSU. Initially I bought this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09PRB3JR3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But when I went to install it this morning, the GPU wouldnt turn on. After putting in my old GPU, and confirming everything still works with the old parts, I tried using the new cable on the old GPU (Zotac 1080 Mini) and got this message on booting:

"Please power off your sustem, connect a PCIE cable to your PSU and turn back on." Or similar. So it definitely seems to be a problem with the cable. I've also tried swapping slots around etc, all my original cables work in any slot and the new cable doesnt work in any. I've since learned that PSU cables are very specific and so looking to find where I can get one. I've looked at the Seasonic compatibility page but to be honest all the numbers mean nothing to me and dont seem to help in finding any products via google.

Alternatively, using the original cable with the daisy chain to power the GPU is a no-go, correct? Even temporarily? But more importantly how can I go about getting a PCIE cable?

Thanks in advance

Gyoung123

Reputable
Jun 9, 2020
Thank you! I've ordered one to arrive by 1PM tomorrow, god bless Amazon.

Odd, the title called out Seasonic - But its obviously not compatiable if it doesnt work. I'll confirm the new cable works tomorrow and award best answer if so.