Where can I buy cable ties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClickMe

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2006
I'm building my first system and need to know where I can buy small and medium sized cable ties.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

DDay629

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
Eh? I don't know about that. Not the best asthetically. I mean, sure, practically, its pretty good, though not as easy to get around the cables.

DDay

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
If your not bothered about about looks and are getting your cables out of the way for airflow rather than aesthetics, then it's actually quite good. However if you're bothered about what it looks like it's not so great. It permits you to route certain longer cables out of the way in places cable ties don't. Just an alternative suggestion.

DDay629

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
I'm just thinking of trying to get a roll around some wires in a tight space. But, you know, if you wrapped the whole set, all the way, it would actually look pretty cool. Not the easiest thing to do, but, you could.

DDay

nuke123

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
Any good local hardware stock stock them, heck even my local supermarket has them.
signature_smiley6.jpg

kickingback77

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
It all depends on your needs.

There are velcro cable ties if you want to reuse them again and againd.

Their are "tear away" ties if you want to use them once and later easily rip them off for temporary setup and breakdown.

You can also use stainless steel ties if you need it last a long time outdoors.

You can all of these cable ties at Buy Cable Ties. I bought some tear away zip ties for hanging up my Christmas Lights on my long chan link fence. I went out this morning and popped them all off real easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.