Where can I buy/download Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

jwall5352

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014
I want to purchase a digital copy of Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) to install on a newly built PC to avoid shipping times (I can literally find no stores that carry this in my area. I live in the zip code 02865 if anyone can have any luck better than me.

So I just want to purchase this digitally to install on my new PC.

I just have 2 questions. If I purchase this digitally (If I even can) where would the License key be located with it?

And how would I install it onto a new PC? Would I just burn it as an ISO image onto a CD and use that?

Thank you!

Solution
You're not going to find it on Microsoft's web site as they've transitioned to Windows 8. Best recommendation would be to download the ISO for Windows 7 SP1 from here and use that to install. You will have 30 days to activate it (more than enough time to purchase a hard copy with license).

-Wolf sends

USAFRet

Titan
Buy Windows 7 digitally? Not anymore. Not since Windows 8 was released.

Amazon/Newegg/etc will sell and ship you the disk. If you had done it earlier in the day, you could have it tomorrow (for extra cost).

Walmart and BestBuy in your area?

Wolfshadw

Titan
You're not going to find it on Microsoft's web site as they've transitioned to Windows 8. Best recommendation would be to download the ISO for Windows 7 SP1 from here and use that to install. You will have 30 days to activate it (more than enough time to purchase a hard copy with license).

-Wolf sends

Solution

jwall5352

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014
Thank you! And every best buy in my area doesnt carry it. They do online though. I forgot to check walmart. I'll get it from microcenter tomorrow when I'm in that area. Thanks for the help! :)

jwall5352

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014
Well that is strange... that is not showing up on my page.. at all....... Not that I'd be interested... even pressed CTRL + F and typed in '79.96' to make sure I wasn't just overlooking and.. nothing. lol? Well then.

Thank you for the help.

Windows 7 official downloads - ( http://www.techverse.net/download-windows-7-iso-x86-x64-microsofts-official-servers/ ) These are the official downloads for microsoft but you can also find and verify the MD5 or SHA checksum against the ones posted for this if you want. (List of SHA's for known windows downloads can be found HERE ( http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2041377 )

You can download these and install as a test copy and use for 30 day (or might be 60 days) without having to activate during which time you can find a place to purchase and when the purchase arrives just activate using the key that you purchased ( no need to reinstall ) - so that way you can get it installed and just activate after purchasing an OEM version.