Where can I buy wholesale pc parts for a business?

Jul 14, 2019
First off I would like to apologize for the formatting of the post because I am on mobile. Secondly, as the title says I am creating a small business where I will repair pc’s and build custom pc’s.

I had the idea of buying parts at wholesale as a retailer. I had found HP’s AllianceOne, Sony’s Dealer Direct, etc. but they don’t seem to be what I’m looking for.

I’m looking to to buy MSI, Intel, AMD, etc. parts at wholesale so that way I could either sell the parts as is, build an entire custom computer, or replace broken parts of a computer. I can’t seem to find what I’m looking for. I live in New York City so I have access to a B&H where I can buy parts but my business would be much easier for myself and the customer if I could have parts already.

If anyone knows of any way I could access that would be great!

The short answer is, you cant.
You have to have a very large market presence to get wholesale prices, a single repair shop is not nearly large enough for this.

Additionally, building PCs generally wont net you any money with the prevalence and price of prebuilts, and ease of access to build PCs on your own. Not to mention your sole responsibility for warranty.

Repairs is a better idea, but its not really a business model.

I wouldn't do it.

I mean those customers are PITA, think they can call you 24x7 for any little problem, don't know how to plug in a cable properly, "why is my machine running so slow!" (because u got 20 tabs open?). a PITA I tell ya. :D

Ralston18

Titan
In full agreement with the preceding posts.

Will add a couple of additional suggestions.

Overall, your ROI may be 10 cents on the dollar.

Montana, Wyoming maybe 20 cents on the dollar (no disrespect intended to those states).

Learn how to do a breakeven analysis using Best Case, Expected Case, and Worse Case.

And do that using New York City expenses.

Estimate expenses high and sales/revenues low.

Can the proposed business survive accordingly? And can that survival happen without you working 18+ days?

Be fully aware of how much money you can afford to lose.