Question Where can I configure the wake up events in ASUS ROG Zenith II Extreme Alfa in order to solve cold boot issues?

Jan 23, 2021
Hi all,

I recently upgraded my MoBO from MSI Creator TRX40 to ASUS ROG Zenith II Extreme Alfa and everything goes fine except for a little issue I used to have which I could fix through BIOS settings before.

The thing is that my computer won´t start properly from a cold boot (power button). Actually it looks to start well but remains with the screen off and trher is no way to see anything. However it will start perfectly from the reset button. I had this issue with the previos MoBo as well but I could fix it going to BIOS Advanced Settings -> Wakeup Events -> Selecting OS instead of BIOS

But after replacing my MoBo by the Zenith II Extreme Alfa I cannot find this setting and my computer won´t do proper cold boots anymore.

My build is:
- Motherboard: ASUS ROG ZENITH II EXTREME ALFA
- RAM: 256GB 8x32GB Corsair vengeance LPX
- CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X
- GPU: 2 x MSI 2080Ti TRIO 11GB
- PSU: EVGA 1600 P2 Supernova
- SDD: 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus
- HDD: Seagate 8TB
- Monitor Acer Predator CG437K connected to the first GPU with 2 DP in order to reach 4K at 144Hz

Any advice?

Jan 23, 2021
Changing motherboards, a full wipe and reinstall is always recommended, often/usually required.

While it may boot up...issues present themselves. It is rare that such a swap goes 100% troublefree.
I understand but I honestly don't think that the issue is related to the MoBo swap. In fact, as mentioned before, I had the very same issue in the MSI but I could fix it changing a parameter in the BIOS that I cannot find in the Asus

Jan 23, 2021
I understand but I honestly don't think that the issue is related to the MoBo swap. In fact, as mentioned before, I had the very same issue in the MSI but I could fix it changing a parameter in the BIOS that I cannot find in the Asus
I have read about some sleep issues due to having 2 Samsung SDD. So I guess there must be some kind of problem in my setup. A full reinstall of Windows in my previous MoBo could not fix it but a BIOs setting managing the wake up events

Jan 23, 2021
I found a fix which is installing a second monitor in the HDMI port of my GPU. By doing this black screen issues don´t happen even in the main monitor.

I would appreciate some ideas.