[SOLVED] where can I find a Laptop displace upgrade to 120hz panel

dphotog

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
I currently own a 17.3inch MSI GE72 2qf Apache Pro laptop that runs a 60hz panel. Ive wanted a 120/144hz display for quite a while and Linus Tech just released a video of them doing it to a msi 15.6 inch laptop. I was hoping some of you all could help me find such a displace screen so I can upgrade my display if possible. Ive only been able to find replacement screens for my laptop no upgradeable 120hz example below. Thanks.

http://www.screencountry.com/index.php?section=products&model=GE72%202QF%20APACHE%20PRO&brand=MSI

Solution
It's not just a case of swapping panels, you need to make sure the laptops GPUs firmware supports 120/144 refresh rate, that the inverter for the panel has the necessary wattage to drive the new panel and that the panel connector has the same amount of connections and has the same pinouts. Most laptop panels are only 60hz apart from some more recent gaming laptops ( most aren't even 1080p).

racksmith101

Respectable
It's not just a case of swapping panels, you need to make sure the laptops GPUs firmware supports 120/144 refresh rate, that the inverter for the panel has the necessary wattage to drive the new panel and that the panel connector has the same amount of connections and has the same pinouts. Most laptop panels are only 60hz apart from some more recent gaming laptops ( most aren't even 1080p).

Solution
Feb 12, 2019
how do i know if my gpu supports 120hz or not?