Question Where can I find a safe web site or seller online of used GPUs?

Mar 7, 2019
I have never bought a used GPU. However, a lot of people are recommending me that I should do it. I can only buy online. Where can I buy it safe? I do not live in USA so someone will bring the GPU to me. Therefore, I do not have the luxury o returning immediately the card. I would have to wait months to return it if there is a problem.

I have never bought a used GPU. However, a lot of people are recommending me that I should do it. I can only buy online. Where can I buy it safe? I do not live in USA so someone will bring the GPU to me. Therefore, I do not have the luxury o returning immediately the card. I would have to wait months to return it if there is a problem.
I have purchased a lot of used electronic components and PC parts from EBay for my job.

I have had very good luck.

I very rarely have a problem with what I buy and when I have had a problem, I have been able to return it for a full refund.

Make sure you are happy with the refund policy before you buy.

Just my two cents: I don't know who is recommending purchasing used GPU's to you, but IMO buying a used GPU right now is a real mixed bag. At the moment there is a huge amount of availability of cheap mid range GPU's on the market. This is mostly as a consequence of the 'mining' craze that happened about 3 years ago. If you find a GPU that is pretty decent, lets say a RX480/580, GTX1060/70 and they are for very low prices, then it;s likely they will have been used for mining. This means the GPU would have been run pretty much 24/7, and as a result could have problems or a short life span due to overuse.

Be careful with your purchase. Make sure the seller is reputable. Ask for a history (although they could bluff anyway). You know the saying: If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't'.

With that said, depending on your needs some GPU's will be suitable.

As an example a GTX1060 new now costs about $200. If you saw one for about 150, then that's a fair price for a used GPU (one could argue either way about $10 here or there). If you find the same GPU for $100 you know there is something rotten in Denmark!

Just be careful.

I'd agree with DSzymborski, I always buy new. You have the warranty, returns policy and peace of mind.

Mar 7, 2019
I have purchased a lot of used electronic components and PC parts from EBay for my job.

I have had very good luck.

I very rarely have a problem with what I buy and when I have had a problem, I have been able to return it for a full refund.

Make sure you are happy with the refund policy before you buy.

Did you do anything special to make sure the seller was safe?

Ralston18

Titan
Perhaps. So much depends on the source seller: Is the company/person legitimate, honest, etc....

Research candidate sellers very carefully. Check their websites, look for FAQ's and Forums. Read their RMA policies very carefully - especially the fine print.

Look for reviews by professional reviewers and verified customers.

There may also be some applicable customer organizations such as the BBB (Better Business Bureau) available in your country. I.e., an objective and neutral agency or body designed solely for addressing and arbitrating seller/buyer issues.

Used GPU's are likely to have a jaded history one way or another. Who knows what all may have happened to that GPU. Could even be a fake product.

Try to save up a few extra dollars and purchase a new GPU with warranties, etc.. Directly from the manufacturer if at all possible.

TRENDING THREADS