Where can I find Biostar TForce P965 Deluxe

RabidDog

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2006
I've read the recent review on the article "Shootout at the Core 2 Corral: Seven P965 Motherboards Compared". And the Biostar TForce P965 Deluxe seemed the best bang for the buck. I searched a few sites (NewEgg, Pricewatch, etc.) and I can't find this MoBo anywhere.
I also checked the BioStar website and didn't find mention of the Deluxe editon.
Any help would be appreciated.

-Mike

BUFF

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2003
The Biostar does over 500fsb ...
You may find it easier to buy the PT version - it's the same board but with the standard ICH8 southbridge instead of ICH8R.
Apparently Biostar must be way down Intel's priority list for supplies & they couldn't get enough ICH8Rs ...

RabidDog

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2006
That review was made on a rush and without much overclockability in mind.
Whats your budget?

I would like a MoBo with the ICH8R for under $150.
I missed this info on the difference between the ICH8 and ICH8R and bought the plain ole Asus P5B, opps. I would like to avoid this error in the future. I'm pretty happy with the ease of overclocking the P5B, and would hope the BioStar boards would be similar (as the review implies).

-Mike

I searched a few sites (NewEgg, Pricewatch, etc.) and I can't find this MoBo anywhere.
I also checked the BioStar website and didn't find mention of the Deluxe editon.
I also checked some of the "usual" sources and didn't find any TForce P965 Deluxe in stock at the moment.
For some reason the Biostar website doesnt have the TForce P965 Deluxe linked to the main menu system but I manged to dig it out.
http://www.biostar.com.tw/t-series/products/socket 775/tforce_P965_Deluxe/product_details.php
HardOCP Review of Biostar TForce P965 Deluxe maybe the review BUFF was referring to when he mentioned a 500FSB overclock. But be sure to notice the same board didnt do as well with other memory modules. Other sites also had problems taking the FSB past 375FBS so it maybe this board is more sensitive to memory types that most other P965 MBs.

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
HardOCP Review of Biostar TForce P965 Deluxe maybe the review BUFF was referring to when he mentioned a 500FSB overclock. But be sure to notice the same board didnt do as well with other memory modules. Other sites also had problems taking the FSB past 375FBS so it maybe this board is more sensitive to memory types that most other P965 MBs.
What I was too lazy to type and decided to refute with three letters.